Getting Scene object ID errors

marcremillard

Hi,

For some reasons, when I run my game and connect to a room, I get the attached errors.

I ran the add-ons "Scene Setup" and it added a "scene object identifier" component to every object with a collider in the scene, as expected. Right now it's a plane and some cubes, nothing more basic.

When I join the room and load the scene though, everything DOES seem to work, but I get the attached screenshot's errors.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

If you do a search for ObjectIdentifier do you find references to multiple references to the same ID? It could be that your character has ObjectIdentifiers which overlap with the ObjectIdentifiers within the scene.

This is the result of my search. I went through all of those objects and they all have a different ID.

I initially setup the scene with the regular (non-PUN) scene setup, then did the scene setup button on the add-ons tab to set it up for PUN.

I am spawning a character created with the character creation tool and made sure to set it up for PUN using the add-on tab again. This player object is not in the scene and is instantiated when joining the scene.

I really don't understand how the scene object IDs already exist, of course they do, they're in the scene that I load. Now how are they "already there", I don't know.

Attachments

• sceneident.png
    sceneident.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
If you can list how to reproduce it from a fresh project I can take a look but maybe the scene objects are being registered twice for some reason? A way to debug this would be to place a breakpoint within RegisterSceneObjectIdentifier and see what objects are registering. It sounds like RegisterSceneObjectIdentifier is being called twice by the same object?

I finally fixed it, I probably ran the scene setup while still having the player prefab in the scene, so it added Scene Object Identifiers to some of my skeleton's parts! Thanks to your debug idea, I managed to find them by name.