Free Climb Controls

Flamehead

When in the free climb mode, does the script update the vertical controls to something different to move the character up and down on the y axis? Versus up and down on the z-axis while in regular walk/run mode.

Trying to implement a jump to a wall behind the character and most controls that do this have you hold the left joystick down and the character IK reaches back to signal you're going to jump away from the wall you're on. Is the script actually changing the controls of where the forward character movement is applied? Or is this just some kind of visual trickery that's not changing the controls?

Thanks,
Payton

The Free Climb ability uses root motion and the forward/horizontal movement parameters within the animator to move the character. It doesn't change these input vales.

The Free Climb ability uses root motion and the forward/horizontal movement parameters within the animator to move the character. It doesn't change these input vales.
That is what I thought. I was a little confused because when I left the character in free climbing and went to look in the inspector, the "Use Root Motion Position" was unchecked in the motor tab. Then I found in the abilities tab under general, where Use Root Motion Position was true.

When in free climb mode, how would you implement a directional control for jumping backward off of the free climb wall?

Within the Jump ability you could detect that the Free Climb ability is active within CanAbilityStart, and then play a different animation/force if that ability is active.