FPS / TPS switching using VR add on

UnityNoob

Just purchased UCC through asset store to use for uni FYP (VR benefits in CSI) but didn't notice that the VR add-on currently does not support switching camera views (first to third person) which was to be one of my elements in project. Will this fear be added any time soon? Is it possible to code this in yourself (I have limited coding experience).

Cheers

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
In order to switch perspectives you need to be able to do a full body in first person. This is not currently supported because Unity's IK system doesn't support full body IK. FinalIK has a VR IK solution but I don't want to depend on Final IK in order for a first person IK solution so have been waiting on Unity's IK system to improve.

UnityNoob

In order to switch perspectives you need to be able to do a full body in first person. This is not currently supported because Unity's IK system doesn't support full body IK. FinalIK has a VR IK solution but I don't want to depend on Final IK in order for a first person IK solution so have been waiting on Unity's IK system to improve.
Thanks for the quick reply, totally understand that!

Cheers

matmalm

Any way how to integrate UCC with VRIK solution?
Maybe is too hardcore for a non-programmer?

UnityNoob

Any way how to integrate UCC with VRIK solution?
Maybe is too hardcore for a non-programmer?
I do have the Final1K asset (with VRIK) and was thinking the same about it being possible to integrate the two but haven't tried it yet - yup coding not strong point!