Footstep sound system

Alexandreus

Hey,
Can someone link me a guide how to set up the audio for footsteps?
I coudnt find the proper tutorial and sadly im not a programmer.

Tried to play with the audio source on the toes but its controlled by script.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

No programming is required. What foot step mode are you using? Have you setup different footstep sounds within the surface system?

Yes, i added 2 audio clips for test in the SurfaceEffect but when i walk the default sound comes from the toes audio source. I made a snow SurfaceType, added footstep SurfaceImpact and FootstepOnSnow SurfaceEffect. I added Snow in the Surface manager. Im pretty sure im missing something or messing something up because i tried to use the footprints system (tried with sand footprint but i guess it doesnt matter for test) they didnt work either. The material i added are the same as i use in CTS. I tried with only 1 material then tried with all materials in the texture.

Thank you for helping, awesome support!

Just so we are on the same footing (see what I did there? :D) does the demo scene work correctly? If it does you could first try to take one of those surface effects and place it in your scene. If it works in your scene then it is a surface system configuration problem, otherwise it is something on your character.

I figured everything works on objects but not on terrain. Like i made a plane and put the same texture on it as the terrain has (It has a lot of textures so i just picked one) and it worked perfectly with sounds, footprint etc. But somewhy it wont work on my terrain. I use CTS and Gaia for the job. I guess from now on the problem is out of your scope but if you have any idea what might be the problem i would greatly appreciate. Thanks:)

Ah, CTS is likely the problem. I need to do an integration with it but the surface system does not pick up CTS shaders.

Oh i see, that would be awesome. Will it be an upgrade on the controller or just you working on it? I would willing to pay for you to help, i really need it to work.

Do you think there will be a solution for atlas materials too someday or its not possible?

I won't know more until I really take a look at it but it will likely be another integration similar to the Behavior Designer or Final IK integration. I don't have a strict timeframe on this as we are working on a few projects at a time but if you're interested in speeding it up when I take a look at it I do have limited contracting hours (under FAQ) available.