Follow leader confusion

Kopekku

I really can't find any good documentation on the movement pack. For some reason when an agent in a pack is the leader, and he's doing the wander task, this task never returns success and he keeps wandering to an infinite point in a straight line. When he is not in the pack the wander task works fine. I thought maybe the followers were interrupting his path and I tried tweaking the different distances the leader follow task has, and it just doesn't seem to change anything, all the followers have the same distance regardless. Maybe it has to do on the setup of the agent's list, does it have to include everyone including the leader?

I don't know what else could be wrong.

this task never returns success and he keeps wandering to an infinite point in a straight line.
The Wander task always returns a status of running and it never returns success. It randomly picks a new destination to move to. You can stop the wander task by using conditional aborts:

Yuup! that's why I told you that without the pack it does return success, but I should have explained that I modified the wander task to only work once, I forgot I did that. Anyway I fixed that issue, I was instantiating the pack members, too close to each other.

But the other problem remains, they are too close to each other no matter how I change the different distances, and I tried setting the agents list with and without the leader, so I don't know how that works :( So should the agents list have everyone plus the leader?And why are the distances not working they are all very close too each other

Last edited:
Which list are you referring to? The Leader Follow task only allows you to specify a single leader. The Follow task allows you to follow any object but that one also does not have a list. The distances are determined by the stopping distance for your navmeshagent in addition to the parameters within the task.