Flying Ability

RAWilco

I remember in UFPS 1 there was a fairly solid control system for zero gravity movement that could be accessed by simply toggling a bool in the main Controller component called Free Fly (Player's forward movement was always in the camera direction, and jump and crouch were used for local vertical movement. I also modified my own copy of the script to allow the player to rotate with Q and E). I was surprised to find that this had not been carried over to the new version.
Though I did notice in a couple of other posts that you had intended to add a flying ability to the new ability system. Is this feature still planned?

Thanks.

A flying ability is planned but it'll likely be awhile before I can get to it. Flying and swimming are extremely similar though so you could take the Swimming Pack and modify the swim ability to make flying.

Still planned, but an ability add-on that contains a flying ability likely won't be released this year.

A flying ability is planned but it'll likely be awhile before I can get to it. Flying and swimming are extremely similar though so you could take the Swimming Pack and modify the swim ability to make flying.

I'm guessing then this would be an alternative option until then? Have you tried this to see if it would work?

I'm guessing then this would be an alternative option until then? Have you tried this to see if it would work?
I have a partial one I wrote and kind of abandoned. I toyed with the idea of finishing it and putting it on the asset store for like $10, but didn't know if I'd step on any one's toes at Opsive if I did that. I found some mixamo animations and tweaked them a bit. The animations aren't added yet, and the flying controls feel kind of stiff. So that's the part I would have to finish. I also anticipate some bugs or weird issues that arise when it's used in ways I didn't expect.

but didn't know if I'd step on any one's toes at Opsive if I did that.
No, that would be awesome if you released it. Just keep in mind that eventually we do want to release a flying ability, but that ability would be included in a larger pack and right now it looks like it will still be awhile before we can get to it.

No, that would be awesome if you released it. Just keep in mind that eventually we do want to release a flying ability, but that ability would be included in a larger pack and right now it looks like it will still be awhile before we can get to it.
Did you guys ever release a flying ability?