First person teleport problem

ktweedy1

I'm using Unity 2020.3.2f1 with Quest 2. I have current Ultimate Character Controller, Photon add-on and VR-add on installed. Using the VR Demo scene I am able to walk around with the third person view. When I run the first person view I am having a few issues.

1. I see some arms at my feet. The move with the joystick and do things with I hit a button.

2. I have hands also, and when I use the thumb joystick thing I see the teleport arch, but I am not able to make it teleport. The arch never goes away. If I look at the abilities I see the teleport is active.

3. In first person mode I get the follow warning constantly in the console:

Cannot set field of view on camera with name 'Camera' while VR is enabled.
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.ViewTypes.ViewType:UpdateFieldOfView (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/ViewTypes/ViewType.cs:127)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController:InitializeCharacter (UnityEngine.GameObject) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:475)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController:set_Character (UnityEngine.GameObject) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:65)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Demo.DemoManager:SelectStartingPerspective (bool,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Demo/Scripts/DemoManager.cs:465)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.VR.Demo.VRDemoManager:SelectStartingPerspective (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/VR/Demo/Scripts/VRDemoManager.cs:117)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke ()
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.VR.Demo.EyeRaycast:Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/VR/Demo/Scripts/EyeRaycast.cs:44)

And this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.VR.Character.MovementTypes.FirstPersonVR.GetDeltaYawRotation (System.Single characterHorizontalMovement, System.Single characterForwardMovement, System.Single cameraHorizontalMovement, System.Single cameraVerticalMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/VR/Scripts/Character/MovementTypes/FirstPersonVR.cs:42)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.GetDeltaYawRotation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:200)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager+KinematicCharacter.Move (System.Boolean manualMove) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:235)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:841)

4. In third person view, all though it all seems to be working, i can go into the room and interact with objects I am getting this error repeatedly:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.VR.Character.MovementTypes.FirstPersonVR.GetDeltaYawRotation (System.Single characterHorizontalMovement, System.Single characterForwardMovement, System.Single cameraHorizontalMovement, System.Single cameraVerticalMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/VR/Scripts/Character/MovementTypes/FirstPersonVR.cs:42)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.GetDeltaYawRotation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:200)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager+KinematicCharacter.Move (System.Boolean manualMove) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:235)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:841)

5. In third person view I also see my arms on the floor and they move with me.

Everything is installed fresh and new, I haven't changed anything.

Why would I have hands for my controllers and also arms at my feet in first person? Any suggested on what to look for. Think this is a 2020 issue, or a Quest related thing? Any ideas?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of it could be Quest related but some of it also looks like it's a problem with some of the recent UCC changes. To get past the first error add the following to the top of ViewType.UpdateFieldOfView:

Code:
#if ULTIMATE_CHARACTER_CONTROLLER_VR
            if (UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.enabled) {
                return;
            }
#endif

When you say that you see your arms at the floor, are you playing the one handed Nolan character? When the two handed first person character is enabled there should not be any arms.

ktweedy1

At the beginning of the demo I am picking from the two options, first person and third person. So what they are mapping to.

ktweedy1

That seems to help. I don't see the arms on the ground. And not getting errors or warning. But teleport not working.

Teleport starts, I see the ability with Teleport (Active). I seems to start the teleport. I see the arch, it changes red and blue depending on where I target it. But I am not able to make myself move.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like it's related to the input. The Teleport ability will move the character when the ability stops and that is normally when the button is released.