First-Person-Exploration-Kit

XanderCageGuy

Hello. Ihave some Integration-Request. The Tool is called " First-Person-Exploration-Kit.
It is quite a cool kit, well suited for making First-Person games which focus on exploration (it has no focus on fighting and no special movement-mechanics ), well documented and supported, It has very! positive reviews, and I find it it is a good starting basework for doing basic interactions / inventorymenu / savingsystem to get a interactive game started.

It provides a basic, smooth FirstPersonController, and it also is well prepared to exchange the provided Controller by another one. There was an existing integration for the old UFPS. The documentation pinpoints the exact methods in a specific class which need to be adapted, in order to make it work with another Controller like for example UFPS.

I think both developers would really benefit from this symbiosys. In my current project, I did not want to miss the featureset of any of both,I like the the Interaction-Class-Structure and extensibility of FPEKit and I enjoy the FPC-Controller with its movement and behaviour-abilities.
so Ill try to integrate it myself. But first I have to get my head around FPC.

But I am sure for Justin, with his insights into the system , he would be able to integrate it perfectly in a few hours.
You can see which methods of the FPE-Kit would need to be adapted at the end of this page : http://whilefun.com/fpedocs/sections/playerconfig.html#others. Dont let yourself fool from the very basic look of the website. The kit and the codestructure is really a great package.

The Link to the store is here:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/first-person-exploration-kit-60434 .

Both together would be like a superkickstarter into any First-Person/Third-Person project. What do you think ? Who else can'T wait to utilize them together like me ? :)

Alright. Goodbye Learning-Money spent for Unity-Assets. Goodbye trying making 3D-Character/FPS-Games with Unity. Hello Unreal Engine. Hello Productivity. Have a nice time alltogether.