First Person Arm Sprint/Recoil Question

evade123

Hello,

Where can I adjust the first person sprint for the items? The arm can be seen clipping through the camera. Also is there another recoil adjustment somewhere? I changed all the recoil parameters to 0 in the "Shootable Weapon" component, but still have massive recoil as seen. Appreciate the help.

Last edited:
First best thing you can do there is adjust in the FirstPersonPerspectiveItem component the 'PositionOffset' in the Position Spring section.

That would greatly reduce that effect with the arms.

As for the actual recoil, I'm struggling with this right now. The third person recoil is good, but the FirstPerson to me is extreme. I have a feeling the only way is the adjust the actual animations bone by bone unfortunately. Hope there's a better solution though!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, put everything to 0 and still looks like this. Might be tied to the animation some how? Would be nice to get some more insight

Last edited:
The 1st person arms use a generic rig for the animations, but Unity does not allow retargeting for generic rigs. So, you have to handle everything through your animations, and not through IK as in 3rd person.

I'm about to tackle modifying first person animations, and been recommended to use the asset 'Umotion'. Looks like just the free version will be enough