FinalIK + Puppetmaster?

gekido

Just looking at possibly integrating FinalIK, but am curious if this also includes support for Puppetmaster for ragdolls versus the built in ones? Feels like this would be a pretty big divergence in how the characters are structured, so not sure if it's worth the hastle (the included IK is pretty good already)

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The PuppetMaster integration is independent of the FinalIK integration. With version 3 I am hoping to make the two play better together.

gekido

Ok thanks - think I'll just leave it alone for now - the built in stuff provides most of what I'm looking for anyways

Thanks!

errorCSO

The PuppetMaster integration is independent of the FinalIK integration. With version 3 I am hoping to make the two play better together.
Justin, a while ago I have integrated both FIK and PuppetMaster successfully. however I noticed there is a bug, after getting hit & down on the ground, the player character plays the get up animation nicely (animation is in the PuppetMaster package). But AI characters always get up without this crucial animation, just rotate up & look bad. Because of this I no longer use FIK & PMaster on my project. I hope you can verify this is by design or a limitation.

7Dev

Hey Justin, any eta on that? Like are we talking weeks or months?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
It's my goal to do all of the new integrations this month, but this always take longer than expected so we'll see. I also didn't do the PuppetMaster integration so will need to figure it out first and then integrate.