Final IK

I turned off look sensitivity so that the weapon will fire at any angle while testing.
It's just that the fire direction does not respect the current weapon direction.
The problem is that UCC fire is done in FixedUpdate but FinalIK works in LateUpdate, hence the discrepancies. I believe Justin will fix it when it does the official FinalIK integration.

sadly we dont know when this update will come that has this integration. one thing ive noticed though is scoping in, im unable to align the weapons scope to the center of the screen where the raycast is shot from. this is quite annoying, have you found an easy way to align this up?

I'm using FinalIK to align it. FinalIK is really amazing and it's very versatile.

There is FinalIK tutorial video on their site and let me know if you cannot find it.

I'm using FinalIK to align it. FinalIK is really amazing and it's very versatile.

There is FinalIK tutorial video on their site and let me know if you cannot find it.
is that to align the weapon to the correct position/rotation for aiming? i cant seem to get this to work. also i think the odd rotations and position could be due to my Pivit point being set to the bottom of my rig. this is obvious very bad espectially for the fps arms since its rotating from the feet of the bones. i believe this could be causing me a lot of trouble, what are your pivit points for your character and weapon. and if its the same how did you fix it. i tried moving the character model to an empty gameobject but it breaks unity and UCC doesnt recognise it as a Humanoid rig any more

Refering to the Aiming, i have Final IK setup with the aim ik it works great in third person. but i dont have Final IK setup in first person, only setup for third person

I use TPC as I said and use FBBIK for the ADS alignment. I followed the direction in the video and it worked without many problems.
I had to adjust to my character slightly and since it's FBBIK, the pivots are just the character position.
I'm not sure how FBBIK will work for non-humanoid setup and you might want to ask Partel(FinalIK guy) for some help

If you don't absolutely require FPC for the best possible 1P quality, I recommend using TPC to 1P view. It will save you lots of headaches.
TPC for 1P view works just fine except some stuttering/fire-direction issues. And I suppose it'll gets fixed when Justin integrate FinalIK officially.

I have a working third person Final IK integration. I still need to figure out first person but this will go out with the 2.1 release.

FinalIK.gif

This is really awesome! It looks like you solved matching the fire direction. I can't wait till I learn how you solved it.

I guess there is one other remaining issues with weapon control is stuttering while moving. Normally you won't see the stuttering but when you bring the camera close to a character, small movement can cause an exaggerated effect. I hope you get a chance to get to it when you test Aim.

Cheers!

Hey there i solved the issue of the twitching by changing the the max solver iterations per frame to 12 on the AIM IK component here is a GIF of its smoothness, though do bare in mind that Opsiv is also working on a solution to better integrate Final IK in 2.0 i believe.

I'm curious as to whether the Grounder component works out-of-the-box with Opsive TPC. I was going to use it, but if there is additional code work to be done then I'll wait.

Yes, the integration was released at the same time as the 2.1 release. Take a look at the docs :)

Awesome!! I'll take a look, the first thing tomorrow.
So, the web 2.1 release the final? It's hard to tell the version since there is no version indicator.

Thanks a lot!

I have UFPS: Ultimate First Person Shooter and Third Person Controller. I just downloaded the FinalIK integration from the Third Person Controller integration page and am trying to add the FinalIKBridge to my character, but I am getting the following errors:

'FinalIKBridge' does not implement inherited abstract member 'CharacterIKBase.SmoothMove()'

'FinalIKBridge.FixedMove()': no suitable method found to override

The name 'm_OnUpdateIKPosition' does not exist in the current context

Final IK requires version 2.1 which hasn't been released on the Asset Store yet. As soon as it is released the Final IK integration will work.

I just tried to aim with the Final IK Bridge using Nolan with no weapons (just "aim" his melee / arms) and it sort of freezes until you let go of aim, and I get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.FinalIK.FinalIKBridge.FixedMove () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/Final IK/FinalIKBridge.cs:308)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.UpdateAnimator () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:918)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion.Move (Single horizontalMovement, Single forwardMovement, Single deltaYawRotation) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:460)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicObjectManager+DeterministicCharacter.FixedMove () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:176)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicObjectManager.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:676)

Can you set a breakpoint within FinalIKBridge.FixedMove and tell me what is null on line 308?

The transform should be cached by the AimIK component's solver - does your Aim IK component have a target and aim transform?