Feature Suggestion: Item View For Grid Stat Compare

epicever

Similar to borderlands in functionality so the player can easily compare the stats of two weapons that go in the same slot.

1629430061412.png

Also maybe a way compare the equip and inventory at all times to show to the player there is a better piece of equipment in their inventory to equip? Such as a yellow arrow in the top left to signify this like in the picture below. Vice versa for the inventory screen having symbol notification indicating an item is stronger based on an attribute.
1629430300560.png

In the UIS Demo Scene we have an Attribute View that we use to compare the equipped item with the inventory item, it compares Attack for weapons and Defense for armor.

The main issue is having a way a generic way of choosing what to compare and how. That's why we don't have anything built-in for this yet.
in some cases some items are better than another even if most stats are lower. sometimes some additional abilities are more important. That's why I think it's better for everybody to create their own custom way of comparing items.

That being said I'll add your request to my TODO list since having a good base for users to build upon might be a good idea. I can do something that's pretty basic but would make it easier for users to override than to write from scratch.
That will take awhile until I have time to start implementing this feature, so I would recommend you build your own custom one.
If you need help with that don't hesitate to ask and I'll point you in the right direction