Error: Unable to find a Equip Unequip ability with category id

James

Hi, I can not seem to get past this error
"Error: Unable to find a Equip Unequip ability with category id 1636424895."

I've followed the advice at least 3 times thinking I must be missing something...

Any idea what I can do next please? :(

It looks like that's a problem with an int overflowing when casted to uint. I will fix this in the next update, but in the meantime you can select on your category within the debug inspector and change the ID to something less that 2147483647. From there you'll need to recheck your abilities and item sets to ensure they point to the right category.

1608550537558.png

Ok, I changed that to 999 now I am getting a new error. Do I need to update something else AFTER I update the ID?

I believe I have updated the Category ID on the Item Sets [Debug] Category Item Sets > Element 0 > Category ID = 999

It's not obvious to me where the ability needs to be changed.

Error: Category with ID 2427303853 cannot be found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBase:CategoryIDToIndex(UInt32) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBase.cs:86)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.ItemSetAbilityBase:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/ItemSetAbilityBase.cs:46)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:96)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/

Ok, I found the location.

In the Project, I clicked on the Item Collection, expanded that, selected each weapon and updated the CategoryID, Element 0 value to 999

that seemed to have worked.