Equipping Problems - Drag & Drop with Clicking

desukarhu

Hi,

I'm having problems getting drag & drop equipping to play nice with Item Actions.

1. When I equip an item with drag & drop I can't unequip it by clicking on it
2. When clicking on an item to equip it, the item gets equipped in the wrong slot. And if there's something in that slot already the item gets destroyed

Here's a video showcasing the problems I'm having: https://streamable.com/qz89tw
In the video first I show how clicking on item equips it in the wrong slot, then I show how after drag & drop I can't unequip by clicking and then I try to click equip an item and it gets destroyed.

hummm... What Item Action and Drop Action are you using for equipping your item?
I believe the ones you should use are MoveToItemCollection and ItemViewDropContainerSmartExchangeAction respectively.

What categories are you using for your Item Slot Set?
Perhaps your head and chest item are trying to equip on the same slot because you are using armor category for the first slot instead of something more specific

Does your Item Slot Collection has new item priority toggled on or off?
Having a new item priority will priorities the item you are adding... but that might not fix the issue of an item disappearing. I just double checked my scripts and If you are using the MoveToItemCollection item action it should be working.

hummm... What Item Action and Drop Action are you using for equipping your item?
I believe the ones you should use are MoveToItemCollection and ItemViewDropContainerSmartExchangeAction respectively.

What categories are you using for your Item Slot Set?
Perhaps your head and chest item are trying to equip on the same slot because you are using armor category for the first slot instead of something more specific

Does your Item Slot Collection has new item priority toggled on or off?
Having a new item priority will priorities the item you are adding... but that might not fix the issue of an item disappearing. I just double checked my scripts and If you are using the MoveToItemCollection item action it should be working.
I was completely baffled by this, I had all the things right (I thought). All the categories were right, all the actions were right... So I just ended up creating the equipment window again from the UI designer and now it works. Now I don't know what the problem was though, I believe something might have broken after an update.

... interesting, I'll keep that in mind in case a similar issue pops up. but at least I'm glad you got it working for now

... interesting, I'll keep that in mind in case a similar issue pops up. but at least I'm glad you got it working for now
Yeah would have been nice to be able to debug it further, but I literally couldn't find any reason for it to not work. I marked this as solved anyways.