Equip Bow on left hand

Hello,

hope you're doing well, i have a little question here :

when i try to use the bow as a pickup object for inventory --> left hand to use in this case, i can't equip it. i'm not able to equip it for the character.

i can see it in the inventory but i can't equip it.

1630496880067.png

do i need to add somthing on the item set manager on the character ?

1630496991658.png

thanks in advance;

Attachments

• 1630496911436.png
    1630496911436.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
Currently your ItemSetRule is trying to equip any equippable in the right hand "slot 0".

You will need to add more Item Set Rules with more restrictions to Equip a bow in the left hand "slot 1".
In Addition the Bow requires some state presets to be set on the Abilities such that it can Fire.

Here is the ItemSetRule in the integration demo, I highly recommend you check out the integration demo Item Set Rules and try to understand them (check the Item Sets that get created at runtime as you equip/unequip items):
1630503395063.png
Note how I set the State to "Bow" that's important for the state presets. Example the Use Item Ability preset for using left click to fire from item slot 1 instead of slot 0.

1630503510674.png

1630503539498.png

There are also other things to setup for the Bow that important to animate it correctly when firing. I would recommend you watch this UCC video, it's slighlty different since you are using the intgreation but I think it explains how to setup the bow correctly really well.

Hello,
well i understand that i need to add an item set rule :

i added one as you see in the photo, i foolowed the tutorial videos step by step.

1630596037978.png

but still can't see the bow on the hand of the character.

for the demo scene i found only the RPG version of the inventory, it will be great to find the third person character inventory with all the items so i can compare directly with my work to see the différence between.

thank you in advance for your help.

The integration demo between UCC and UIS is located in:
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\UltimateInventorySystem\Demo

This demo contains a Bow pickup and shows how the character is setup. So you can compare your scene with that demo scene.

One issue I see in your screen shot is that ItemSetRule 0 will try to make a Bow ItemSet too since "Equippable" is a parent category of "Bow Third Weapon". You should either remove ItemSetRule 0 or replace it with something more specific such as "Sword" or "Melee".

Also make sure to assign a state name to your Bow item set rule, as mentioned in the previous post it is important.

One issue I see in your screen shot is that ItemSetRule 0 will try to make a Bow ItemSet too since "Equippable" is a parent category of "Bow Third Weapon". You should either remove ItemSetRule 0 or replace it with something more specific such as "Sword" or "Melee".

To add to this, I recommend just having a "slot" type category for each slot under "equippable." IE, left hand, right hand, head, grenade, magic, feet, etc. (For whatever "slots" your game will have).