Equip an Object

klamore74

I'm trying to make a simple scene with a custom character that picks a flashlight and equip it.

I have no problem with picking, but I can't equip it. I'm not understanding why. If I pick up a flashlight in the demo, all works.

What am I missing to setup?

Thanks.

Which part of the equipping is not working? Is it being added to the Inventory correctly and just not appearing on the character? Did you create this new item via the Opsive item manager? (Tools -> Opsive -> Ultimate Character Controller -> Item Manager -> New Item)

Hi,

Yes, I'm missing that I need to create every single object in the character, sorry.

Now I'm stack here, I have this error, I don't understand how to resolve. In the video tutorial have an extra button if I have not the ItemSlot. I try both with and without ItemSlot, I have the same message.

1596033227910.png

Thanks.

The "First Person Item Parent" field should be set to the "Items" object (which contains the ItemSlot component).

Also your hierarchy looks off (or maybe the naming of the "Weapon_r" objects is confusing) - the Items parent object shouldn't be a child of the visible item object, but rather the other way around. Use Nolan's hierarchy for example:

1596034623460.png