Enemy not going back to pursuing if the player moves away

imaethan

So I'm having a bit of trouble... While patrolling if my enemy see's the player he will start pursuing, then once he's close he will attack. Only problem is after I move away he just stands there attacking. How do I go about making him start pursuing again? Any help would be much appreciated.

1590604382255.png

The seek and destroy branch. I seemed to fix it by adding a repeater above the first selector. Though is that not the way I should do it?

Adding a repeater at the top is a great solution, and is similar to what we do for our example tree with the character controllers:

Adding a repeater at the top is a great solution, and is similar to what we do for our example tree with the character controllers:

Nice! Another question if it's okay to ask you here... If I want to interrupt pursue when the enemy dies, how do I do so? Right now the enemy will keep pursuing even when they're technically dead. Then once they reach the player they will die once pursue ends.

Attachments

• opsive.png
    opsive.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 17
You could use a Both conditional abort to check the status of the character while they are pursuing. You'd add it to the branch that has your pursue task.