Enemy don't evade when is closer to Player

cutout

Hello Justin:
It is not a concrete doubt, but I would greatly appreciate your help if you could answer me. The point is that I'm working with Ultimate Third Person and with Behavior Designer. The fact is that I have a hard time understanding and making the behavior trees work correctly. And I do not get it. I've started using Behavior from the tree that you include in the integration demo of third person and BD. Well, in principle it´s fine, but I have a problem that I don't know how to solve:
When the AI Agent is very close to the player behaves ... wrong. All it does is run around the player if you move, or stand, without attacking. I would like to make the AI Agent when he is too close, in the Arrive Distance for example, he will go back a few steps to be able to shoot, or that he will go back to a logical position of attack. But I can not. I've been doing tests for a long time, with movement, evasion, changing abortion priorities, but without success to date. Would you mind giving me an orientation? I know that it is not a fault, or a problem of consultation, but I am already a little desperate without knowing what to do. Thanks in advance

It's extremely tough for me to say without actually trying it out but I recommend taking a look at this video:

This should give you an overview of how the tree is setup so you can then modify it. I also recommend using breakpoints to determine exactly why something is doing what you'd expect it to be doing.

This happens to me also with the tree in the UCC2 integration. 90% of the time the Ai behavior is great but sometimes the Ai gets very close to the player and it gets there, stuck on the player, till you kill him :)