Emerald AI Integration

Has anyone managed to get the shield to absorb damage? I can't get it to work even with a huge collider... and I'm wondering if it has to do with Emerald.

I'm assuming most people in this thread would've dealt with the 'Line of sight' not working for AI detecting the player?

I've never gotten this to work really. Currently the AI will only detect the player if I attack them.

When set to line of sight they simply won't attack or enter combat mode.

Emerald AI debug mode shows a yellow raycast to the player, but doesn't enter attack mode.

Basics are set up, AI looks for Player tag on Character layer, Player is set to Enemy in relations.

If I use a test cube set with Player tag and Character layer, the AI enters combat mode when they see it but doesn't fire.

Anyone managed to successfully get it working with Opsive character?

I'm assuming most people in this thread would've dealt with the 'Line of sight' not working for AI detecting the player?

I've never gotten this to work really. Currently the AI will only detect the player if I attack them.

When set to line of sight they simply won't attack or enter combat mode.

Emerald AI debug mode shows a yellow raycast to the player, but doesn't enter attack mode.

Basics are set up, AI looks for Player tag on Character layer, Player is set to Enemy in relations.

If I use a test cube set with Player tag and Character layer, the AI enters combat mode when they see it but doesn't fire.

Anyone managed to successfully get it working with Opsive character?

It works great for me . I set up like the intergration said and it just worked.

Hey @Mattis yes updating fixed the LOS issue!

I'm now getting the 'There's a missing ability object in one of the ability objects slots of EmeraldAICharacter'

Pretty sure it's just an Emerald issue, but anyone had it and know a fix? I get it a lot but can't nail down what causes it, neither can the Emerald dev.

AI Character has ability object set correctly, no empty slots, animations are set up with animation events and everything.

Hey @Mattis yes updating fixed the LOS issue!

I'm now getting the 'There's a missing ability object in one of the ability objects slots of EmeraldAICharacter'

Pretty sure it's just an Emerald issue, but anyone had it and know a fix? I get it a lot but can't nail down what causes it, neither can the Emerald dev.

AI Character has ability object set correctly, no empty slots, animations are set up with animation events and everything.
I guess BHS have made an update where Emerald AI can have abilities.. so it's a bug.. I would bypass it by making a fake ability that doesn't do anything. Until it's fixed.

I guess BHS have made an update where Emerald AI can have abilities.. so it's a bug.. I would bypass it by making a fake ability that doesn't do anything. Until it's fixed.
The abilities aren't new, it's basically the projectile. It's already set correctly, there's definitely a bug in their code.

I even have another AI using the same 'ability object' which is just a bullet. Something in emerald code doesn't correctly see that the ability is already set. Got the Dev support emailed to help out

@magique and anyone interested.
I've updated to latest Emerald (3.2) and now my player doesn't get damaged by AI.

I don't think I've cause the issue, and was working on the sound detection feature which is new, I didn't notice damage to the player wasn't working. However I've not altered anything that should affect taking damage on Opsive Player.

Cheers if anyone can look at it! (I'm terrible at C#, not likely I'll be able to figure it out sorry)

Sort of works with UCC 3.0 and Emerald AI 3
AI detect and can damage the player, however the player can no longer damage the AI. So I suspect the bridge needs updating.

Have tested this with TPC (v2 legacy) and it works as intended.

Apparently Justin doesn't want to support Emerald AI so isn't prepared to give a copy of V3 to the creator of this addon so it can be updated...

Ridiculous really.

I don't need to give a free voucher to any asset developer who asks. If the integration developer purchases a license I will happily provide support for any questions that they have.

I do not have a license to Emerald AI but the problem likely stems from the new OnObjectImpact callback parameters. It's described in the migration guide: https://opsive.com/support/document...er/getting-started/version-3-migration-guide/
Yeah, I bought a license and am trying to fix this. There's more to this than OnObjectImpact changes. Find my post in Questions. I've solved some of it, but probably not in the correct way or perhaps there are just bugs. I don't know.

For Opsive V3, use this new OpsiveBridge script.

Also, insure that your weapons have Invoke On Object Impact toggled on in SimpleDamage.

1670778078363.png

Last edited:
This latest version assumes you have the updated SimpleDamage script provided by Opsive in the following thread:

Is the damage over time working (where it effects the player)? Also is the combat text working when the player is damaging the AI?

Hi Magique, Thanks for the Integration, straight forward easy to understand etc etc
I have had no issues using it until sound detection was added to Emerald AI and I found a couple issues, I just thought I'd mention.
1; Emerald AI uses the Player speed to detect sound, a range of 0.5 to 10, the Opsive player at default unchanged values seem to
report a speed around 2 something when walking and 3 ish when running. but I found that Emerald detects velocity the same most of the time
but sporadically will detect Opsive player Velocity sometimes higher then 16 when the character is barely moving at all which causes the player
to be heard when they shouldn't be. ( I don't think this has anything to do with your integration) just mentioning it because it could be something someone else might run into.

I didn't much like the Emerald AI Speed to detect sound anyway and since it wasn't reliable I have since just created an Opsive Ability that works with Emerald AI that allows the player to sneak, and uses the sound velocity when the player is actually running around and not sneaking. which ended up being fantastic approach with the Opsive controller and works amazingly well.

2; after installing the integration object attract modifiers stopped working, I had some success with them after installing but it was so sporadic
and then after restarting unity, the AI don't detect them at all, even using the Emerald Demo scenes and changing their layers and tags and such to work with the integration the AI does not respond to them what so ever. I also tried calling the function directly and still the AI can't detect the Attraction Objects.

I was going to use the Attract Modifiers for Gun Sound attraction, I created a new project and used Opsive v 2 and emerald with out the integration and ran the Demo scenes and they all worked, I then reinstalled the integration and again they stopped working. I haven't had much time to look into this but the integration is working in every other aspect, the AI can see and damage Opsive player and visa versa and the sound detection can "Hear" Opsive player as intended and really everything accept a minor enemy back up glitch happens when the AI kills a player sometimes but otherwise fantastic. was wondering if anyone else came across this issue or had any insight on the attract modifiers not working and the cause so I'd have a place to start looking into fixing this..
I been meaning to look at the AI back up bug when it kills a player as well but its minor and I haven't made time for it yet but if anyone already
fixed this your insight could save me sometime and would be appreciated.

sorry about the long post,

has your Soullink AI system been released yet? if not is there a way I can pre purchase it to get access to early builds, I'd like to play with it Emerald is neat and there are some solutions out there but I still haven't found anything that feels comprehensive enough to actually use.