Emerald AI Integration

Hey quick tip, although emerald AI is a great tool for setting up melee and creature AI quickly and painlessly. It is horrible for shooter AI especially ones that use guns. That is with a UCC character or not. I would personally recommend using an asset such as Opsive Behavior Designer for that or waiting for Magique to drop his Lifelink solution.
Yeah mate, that's exactly the conclusion I've come to. I was literally making the Emerald AI as quick to react as possibly, but they don't have the ability to interrupt animations and behaviours it seems, it's too methodical. But amazing for RPG style, gives me some fun ideas for other games.

I was previously using Deathmatch AI and BD, so now will just continue using them, I've had some success now with adjusting the AI, though it's still very tricky for me at the moment, I don't really get how to modify the Behaviour trees.

Keeping an eye on Soul Link for sure, so that may come in handy for other enemies I create later on. I think what I've got right now will hold good stead for my stock shooter enemies! Cheers

Yeah mate, that's exactly the conclusion I've come to. I was literally making the Emerald AI as quick to react as possibly, but they don't have the ability to interrupt animations and behaviours it seems, it's too methodical. But amazing for RPG style, gives me some fun ideas for other games.

I was previously using Deathmatch AI and BD, so now will just continue using them, I've had some success now with adjusting the AI, though it's still very tricky for me at the moment, I don't really get how to modify the Behaviour trees.

Keeping an eye on Soul Link for sure, so that may come in handy for other enemies I create later on. I think what I've got right now will hold good stead for my stock shooter enemies! Cheers
Hey, I was bored and decided to look into this and came up with a few solutions/fixes.

The Emerald AI will only use the positioner if the Character is a detectable layer (or whatever layer your capsule collider is on). Also if you take the demo Grenadier from the Shooter scene and change his Mesh renderer/Avatar/Animations to your desired character the shooter AI actually works pretty nicely, and you don't have to worry about finicking with Emerald finicky AI as the grenadier is a pretty solid out of the box character. (this is literally the only way I can get my EAI character to use both weapons tbh.

@magique IK you don't use this asset anymore and you are busy testing your spawner but is there any way you could look into why melee attacks aren't doing damage but ranged are after the latest update? I didn't want to post in the discord as this doesn't seem like it belongs there but I'm kinda at my wit's end with this one... If possible I will even send my project over to show you what I mean

@magique IK you don't use this asset anymore and you are busy testing your spawner but is there any way you could look into why melee attacks aren't doing damage but ranged are after the latest update? I didn't want to post in the discord as this doesn't seem like it belongs there but I'm kinda at my wit's end with this one... If possible I will even send my project over to show you what I mean
Do you mean Emerald AI Version 3.1.0 released on Nov 2nd? Or do you mean the latest Opsive update?

Yeah I believe so, shortly after updating my character stopped taking any/all melee damage for some odd reason.
I think you misunderstood my question. You said it wasn't working after the latest update. The latest update for what? Emerald AI or Opsive?

I just tried with latest Emerald AI and my Opsive is 2.3.2 and it works fine. Are you sure it isn't the Opsive version that is causing your issue?
Possibly as I did update opsive earlier in the day yesterday, but this error seemed to pop up an hour or so after I updated EAI. It seems odd as it was working one minute I left the scene to do some level design came back and my characters Collider was off and wasn't able to attack with her previously working melee attack

Possibly as I did update opsive earlier in the day yesterday, but this error seemed to pop up an hour or so after I updated EAI. It seems odd as it was working one minute I left the scene to do some level design came back and my characters Collider was off and wasn't able to attack with her previously working melee attack
Did you make sure you added the code into the EmeraldAIDamagePlayer script after the upgrade?

That would be awesome, thanks for the help
Sorry for taking so long. I just upgraded Opsive to the latest version and Emerald AI is the latest also. I am not seeing any issues with the integration. You might want to start over and go step by step through the integration steps and just verify that you didn't miss something.

Sorry for taking so long. I just upgraded Opsive to the latest version and Emerald AI is the latest also. I am not seeing any issues with the integration. You might want to start over and go step by step through the integration steps and just verify that you didn't miss something.
I recently upgraded both Opsive and Emerald and noticed melee attacks do not damage my player. I can cause damage but not receive. Everything is correct and im getting no errors. Any idea what it could be?

I recently upgraded both Opsive and Emerald and noticed melee attacks do not damage my player. I can cause damage but not receive. Everything is correct and im getting no errors. Any idea what it could be?
I really don't know. Monsta Manly had the same issue, but I tested with the latest of both Emerald Ai and Opsive and it worked fine for me. Since I reported that, Monsta Manly never came back with an answer. There must be something going on since you both see it. Can you double check by downloading the package from my site along with the latest integration instructions?

I have the above problem too where it will not damage the player but I also have a problem where the AI won't see the player until the player shoots at the AI. This used to work for me with the older ones. I'm using emerald AI 3.1.1 and ultimate character controller 2.4.5

The Integration doesn't seem to work with the new emerald AI but when I decided to test out the other one I have it completely works.