Emerald AI Integration

I noticed that the Magic Item Projectile doesn't damage the AI. Any ideas?
Magic Item Projectiles are something new I believe and I never used them. I wouldn't know what's wrong without trying that feature out, but I don't have any time available to do that at the moment. Maybe they have an Impact Layer as well that needs to be set to include Emerald AI?

Emerald AI is very handy when creating AI quickly. Within a few minutes you can get a AI in the scene with Emerald AI. Behavior Designer, you will have to build your AI from scratch. Granted I haven't used Behavior Designer in a while but you can create complex AI with it. I would say it depends on what you are looking for.

Check the ragdoll colliders. Emerald AI doesn't like any other colliders attached to the AI. The Emerald AI system will disable all the other colliders. In order for me to get the ragdoll colliders working I created a Playmaker FSM to keep all the colliders enabled so the ragdoll would work.

Has anyone figured out how to make enemies stagger when shot, or the flinch "on hit" while running at you? Right now my enemy only flinches when in melee range and still, if moving he wont flinch, also is there a way to make them actually stop moving for a second when shot if running?

Using the Root Motion Movement Type makes my Ai's attacks rarely connect any way to fix this? It works when I use Nav Mesh Driven.

Using the Root Motion Movement Type makes my Ai's attacks rarely connect any way to fix this? It works when I use Nav Mesh Driven.
You should post this question in BHS forums since it's likely an Emerald AI issue and not related to Opsive or the integration.

Regarding my other issue BHS seems to be inactive so theres no helping with that but I got another question. Do you know how to get the player that is damaging the ai? I'm working on something using the pun addon so there are multiple players.

Regarding my other issue BHS seems to be inactive so theres no helping with that but I got another question. Do you know how to get the player that is damaging the ai? I'm working on something using the pun addon so there are multiple players.
I don't know anything about PUN, but the Emerald AI function to damage the AI includes the attacker transform. I would think you could figure out which player is attacking from that.

I'm getting a couple of errors when I'm out of the detection area of the AI when using a ranged weapon. When I'm in the detection zone, no problems.

emeraldAIdebug.png

With the unassigned reference exception for the CurrentTarget. I assumed since _emeraldAI.Damage() has Player listed in the parameters, it would assign it then. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm getting a couple of errors when I'm out of the detection area of the AI when using a ranged weapon. When I'm in the detection zone, no problems.

View attachment 4689

With the unassigned reference exception for the CurrentTarget. I assumed since _emeraldAI.Damage() has Player listed in the parameters, it would assign it then. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!
I don't know the solution for this, but I know it's an emerald AI bug that has been discussed many times in their forums. You should search there and there should be some advice on a solution.

I want to ask an question for magique about the emerald AI integration if this function works or not in this integration, can i use emerald AI to make an AI that shoots at the other players (Like an AI bot from call of duty) and can that AI (who is carry a rifle or pistole) damage the opsive thirdpersoncontroller player with this integration.

also for my second question (More of an idea) did you ever trying to use a player2 tag for the AI to damage player 2 for opsive, you see i use uscript(The free version) for my visual script and i call the damage player health function using a box collider trigger as an example, if player1 enter it it will damage only player1 and the same for player2. I name my uscript DamagePlayer and set up 2 set of nodes, one for player1 and one for player2, both node set are the same but the only different is player1 nodes tries to find player1 tag for it's damage if a gameobject with player1 tag enter it, while player2 nodes tries to find player2 tag for it's damage if a gameobject with player2 tag enter it. my second question is more of a creative idea that may help imporve emerald ai intergration for splitscreen if such a thing is possible.

Last edited:
I want to ask an question for magique about the emerald AI integration if this function works or not in this integration, can i use emerald AI to make an AI that shoots at the other players (Like an AI bot from call of duty) and can that AI (who is carry a rifle or pistole) damage the opsive thirdpersoncontroller player with this integration.

also for my second question (More of an idea) did you ever trying to use a player2 tag for the AI to damage player 2 for opsive, you see i use uscript(The free version) for my visual script and i call the damage player health function using a box collider trigger as an example, if player1 enter it it will damage only player1 and the same for player2. I name my uscript DamagePlayer and set up 2 set of nodes, one for player1 and one for player2, both node set are the same but the only different is player1 nodes tries to find player1 tag for it's damage if a gameobject with player1 tag enter it, while player2 nodes tries to find player2 tag for it's damage if a gameobject with player2 tag enter it. my second question is more of a creative idea that may help imporve emerald ai intergration for splitscreen if such a thing is possible.
For the first question, I would think it would work out of the box because there is only one DamagePlayer script. I would just say give it a try and see if it works or not.

For the second question, I am not familiar at all with Opsive local multiplayer capabilities. is that a new thing?

Last edited:
opsive call it splitscreen, that's the one im talking about, assigning the ui to each camera. im just wondering if the ai would damage player1 and effect only player1 ui while player2 ui stay the same.

opsive call it splitscreen, that's the one im talking about, assigning the ui to each camera. im just wondering if the ai would damage player1 and effect only player1 ui while player2 ui stay the same.
I think there would need to be multiple code changes to work with that system, including some EmeraldAI internal code to handle showing the AI UI. As I recall, it only works on a single camera. Special code would probably need to be added to handle damaging the correct player as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to look into any of that at this time. I'm deep into development of a game that I'm releasing this Spring, which uses GKC.

you see im just trying to recreate TheLastOfUs with opsive and emerald AI (2.4.1) i want some guidence if the emerald AI will treat the opsive player as two different (Object/Players)

you see im just trying to recreate TheLastOfUs with opsive and emerald AI (2.4.1) i want some guidence if the emerald AI will treat the opsive player as two different (Object/Players)
I don't think EAI has the ability of handling more than one player without custom code. I believe it's possible to modify it, but it would take some time.

ahh
I don't think EAI has the ability of handling more than one player without custom code. I believe it's possible to modify it, but it would take some time.
ah i see, okay thanks, i just wanted some clarifycation.