Eliot AI?

DocQ

Anyone get UCC to integrate with Eliot AI yet? Everything works out of the box except the AI agent can and UCC character can not damage each other at all. I take it it that it will take some script modifications as like the Emerald AI had to? Just checking to see if anyone had done it yet to prevent repeating the steps and saving everyone else some time who is thinking about using Eliot. Thanks for your time.

Now I'm having a difficult time finding it, but I just stumbled across a post that mentioned that the author had spoken to Daniel who created Eliot AI and they stated they are working on an official integration that should be coming soon™. If I track down that post, I'll update here but it was simply a post in an unrelated thread so it escapes me at the moment. An advanced search could probably dig it up.

Also, I was unfamiliar with Eliot AI (I've been away from game dev for the past year so working to rebuild my project with all the updated assets) until I had seen these posts. Is anyone familiar enough with Elliot and Behaviour Designer to compare and contrast their functionality? I love Behaviour Designer, but this Eliot looks to have a ton of great features.

It was me that posted they had spoken with Daniel, I am still working with him trying to get it to work. Eliot is fairly new but the reason that I prefer it over BD is the ease of use. It seems to be as flexible as BD but not as complicated to set things up. Something that would take me (and I will agree right now that I am not an expert by any means) 45 minutes to set up in BD takes me like 5 minutes in Eliot. I think there is a market for both but for my use, I am choosing Eliot because of the ease of use. Currently I can get the agent to damage the UCC character, but I can not damage the agent back yet. That is what I am still working on with Eliot designer.

Yeah, after speaking with you I watched all of the Eliot AI and videos and was very impressed with the ease of use. It also seems quite expandable if you do want to delve in but it gives you a lot on the surface. I definitely intend to buy it now cause I really liked what I saw but I do almost always use Opsive controllers, So good integration is a must and why I usually look at BD. That said, i'm wondering what kind of complications I might create for myself in using both. Eliot AI seems to make some assumptions in the type of agents you are creating watch allows it to be simpler in set up a but perhaps a little less flexible without more customization. This means that perhaps both together might be nice depending on what I'm attempting to accomplish. A like for example I could see using Eliot AI for combating enemies and things of that nature where as BD might be more useful for interactive cutscene NPCs and logic for interactive agents for puzzles and events.

I wonder if anyone had any thoughts on how the two might play together.

Either way I think I am going to buy it and play around with it so I would you know if I make any progress on the damage handling and such as I have integrated some other damage handling systems with Justin's controllers.

That would be great, thanks. Would love to move past this part in my project so I can start setting up all the MOB encounters.

With Daniels help, I think I have this working, am going to put together some instructions and combine everything together within the next couple of days, just want to do one more days testing before I do this. Don't want to count my AI chickens before they hatch.

Nice man! Can't wait to see. I imported the new Opsive and the rest of my assets last night but that took so long I didn't get to play with it. haha

Oh, did you happen to have any thoughts about using Eliot with BD too? Did you possibly wanna chat a little? I'd love to know what you're working on and see if we can help each other out!

This is the integration to get UCC character and Eliot AI agent to be able to damage each other.

Attachments

• Eliot Integration with UCC.pdf
    679.7 KB · Views: 51
This is the integration to get UCC character and Eliot AI agent to be able to damage each other.
This makes sense. I will try it. Thanks for the share. And there is a integration pdf in updated eliot asset which explains the steps in RecoilAnimatorAudioStateSelector.cs

And yes I just checked, Daniel added both IntegrationDamageHandler.cs and IntegrationUccHiscan.cs with what you mentions :)