Editor works but build is broken

jpapon

Hi, I'm encountering a strange problem with Behavior Designer in my builds, but not when I run in the editor.

Basically none of my behaviors work in my build, even though they work find when I run in the editor.
Checking the logs, I'm getting a ton of the errors below, so I'm thinking it has something to do with my external behavior trees.
Do I need to do something special to make sure my external trees (and global variables) get copied into the build properly?
Is there documentation on this somewhere? I checked on the External Behavior Trees page and found nothing special about building.

Thanks!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

The referenced script (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree) on this Behaviour is missing!

A scripted object (probably BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 52 bytes but expected 7240 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

The referenced script (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree) on this Behaviour is missing!

A scripted object (probably BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 52 bytes but expected 11256 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

What platform are you building for? Are you able to tell me how to reproduce the error within a fresh project?

I'm building for linux x64.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce it with a minimal example. If I add a cube and navmesh, and seek in an external behavior, it works fine in build. So now I guess I need to start deleting things from my scene until it works...

I do get this error, do you know what could be causing it?

Plugin 'Assets/Behavior Designer/Runtime/BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.dll' has the same filename as Assembly Definition File 'Assets/Behavior Designer/Runtime/BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.asmdef'. Rename the assemblies to avoid hard to diagnose issues and crashes.

Is my best bet to eliminate this to remove behavior designer from my project and reimport it? Will I lose all of my trees if I do that?

Thanks!

Did you import the runtime source? Make sure you completely remove the Behavior Designer directory first. All of the trees are saved in the scene/asset file so you won't lose anything if you remove that directory. Just make sure you don't have any of your own assets stored in that directory.