Editor memory leak? Crashes with: missing the class attribute 'ExtensionOfNativeClass'!

a7321492391284

Hey y'all,

I've been running into some Unity crashes lately, after adding this plugin.. so far I have yet to find a reliable reproduction..

Basically what happens then is Unity loads for a while, while memory usage grows until macOS decides or asks to kill the app due to being out of memory.
I'm running Unity 2020.2.5f1.

It happens when I enter playmode, most often, but not only, when I have the Behavior Designer Window open, work on a behavior (auto-save is on), and then switch to playmode.

I think the important logs are the following (but I can also provide full logs if required):
Reloading assemblies for play mode. Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly 'BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree' is missing the class attribute 'ExtensionOfNativeClass'! 'BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorTree' is missing the class attribute 'ExtensionOfNativeClass'! 'BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ExternalBehaviorTree' is missing the class attribute 'ExtensionOfNativeClass'!

Anyone has any idea why this happens or how to prevent it?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: On second note, maybe this should've went to the Bug Report subforum?
Edit2: I'm using version 1.6.7. Is there a version.txt somewhere? I had to check which version it was via the Asset Store.. maybe a good idea to include one?

Last edited:
Did you change any of the Behavior Designer classes? I haven't seen that warning before but it looks related to when you make a change to the base class:

If you can tell me how to reproduce it in a fresh project I can take a look.