Drive Ability not working in demo RCC

That step refers to adding the Move Towards component a child GameObject of your vehicle. This page gives more detail:

It's good to hear that the demo scene works. Here's what I would try:

- Bring the demo scene vehicle into your own scene. If the character can get in then it's an issue with your vehicle.
- Bring the demo scene character into your own scene. If the character can get in your vehicle then it's an issue with the character.
Ok I brought the demo car into my scene and my player is able to drive it. You said in this scenario, this would indicate a problem with the car, but all I did was grab one of edys prefabs as is and put it into the scene, added the evp drive source and connected the driver location and move towards component. From my study of the demo scene, it looks like you did the same thing, grabbed a prefab put the idrive component on it and connected the driver location and move towards component, am I wrong? What in the process am I doing wrong?

Glad you're able to narrow it down.

My guess is that one of the colliders for your new car is not being detected. The sure way to debug this would be to insert a breakpoint within Drive.CanStartAbility to see why it is returning false. Based on your explanation my bet is that one of the hit tests is going to return failure because it can't find your car.

Drive is the class name, and CanStartAbility is the method name. You'll need to open up Drive.cs and place a breakpoint using something like visual studio to step into the code. Here's a good video reference.

Breakpoint debugging is an invaluable tool and will dramatically speed up your development once you get the hang of it.