Double Jump Broke?

GearedGeek

I had double jump working with UCC 2.1 but after 2.1.1 update. It has made the double jump extremely difficult to execute. You have you spam the jump keybind in order to double jump. Any ideas?

EDIT:
I have copy/pasted Nolan in a clean scene and it seems to be working. Is there a settings I'm missing?

EDIT 2:
It appears that it's working. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Hi, Im currently sitting with the same issue. The Repeated Jump Force doesnt seem to be working correctly and there also doesnt seem to be a way of properly setting the duration or allowed times when one can double jump.

How did you end up fixing the issue?

Take a look at the demo scene - in the outside area on the rooftop there is a double jump area. You can look at the preset that is activated when entering that trigger.

Hi Justin, even when following the example Double Jump state in the Demo scene the Double Jump doesnt work correctly, the only thing that I change is the Force amount and the Repeated Jump Force amount, as I am busy with a Pseudo 3D (2.5D) game and the default Jump and Double Jump force amounts arent adequate for an action based 2D platformer.

When I set the player to use the same Double Jump setup as the one shown in the Demo and then just turn up the Force amount and the Repeated Jump Force amount (from 0.2 and 0.6 to 0.6 and 1, respectively) then the character ends up being able to jump indefinitely as long as it is in the air and not connected to the ground and doing this repeatedly sometimes results in the player falling through the floor when the character lands.

Does the demo scene work correctly for you? Are you able to tell me how to reproduce the issue within the demo scene?

Yes, when I change the force settings in the demo everything still works correctly, it only happens with my newly created character and scene.

I created a new scene with a fresh character and set the repeated jump count to 1. When I did that I was able to double jump. I would try a small scene like that just to isolate the number of things that could cause an issue.

Ok, I am able to reproduce the issues in the Demo scene by picking up the Assault Rifle at the start, going to the 2.5D section and setting all the following settings:

Ultimate Character Locomotion:

Third Person Pseudo 3D:
- Disable "Look in Move Direction"

Abilities (Jump):
- Force: 0.6
- Sideways Force Multiplier: 1
- Backwards Force Multipier: 1
- Max Repeated Jump Count: 1
- Repeated Jump Force: 2

Abilities (Speed Change):
- Start Type: Automatic
- Stop Type: Manual

Item Abilities (Aim):
- Start Type: Automatic
- Stop Type: Manual
- Disable Speed Change

Character Health:
- Disable Fall Damage

After that, move around and double jump while continuously tapping the Jump button, observe that the player can jump more than twice even though the repeated jump amount is only set to 1.

Also notice that there are general issues that happen with the players aiming and the double jump doesnt happen at consistent times or force amounts and sometime it seems that the double jump causes a sudden, abrupt and instant force bump (specifically when standing still and spamming the Jump button quickly) and sometime it works naturally and smoothly, as expected.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. I'll send you a PM with the fixed file.

Hey Justin, having the same issue as above. Think the issue is triggering double jump while falling.. could you please post the fix somewhere for the rest of us?

All of these changes are in the latest version - try updating to the latest to see if that fixes it.