Desperately need legacy install of Deathmatch pack.

CruttMutt

Hello,

So I recently bought deathmatch as I was excited to try and implement some new AI but did not notice that it would have been upgraded to only work with the latest TPC 1.3 ect ect. This is a massive issue for me as the project I need it in can not by any means be upgraded (more info on that below). The only way for me to use this package is with a version that is compatible with TPC v2.2.8. I have spent the whole week attempting to update my project but it can not be done easily enough so I need a legacy. There are just too many changes at the core level at this point, unfortunately for me.

I know it's easy to say just update, but I have been trying all week and since when I try and update to the new major versions of TPC it means I need the latest UIS just for that so I am swamped with a massive amount of issues that would take so much tackling and basically building again from the ground up to make work. Not to mention all my own customs scripts I have written to work with the versions I am currently using that will not integrate over. Also the installs have never worked correctly as every time I try to delete my v1.0 UIS Unity crashes and when reinstalling the newest version I can not open any Inventory manager windows. The option is there but they are all just a blank tabs and an error in the console. After I managed to get all the new installs working (well, allowing me to hit play again at least so they are "installed" according to unity) I am still lost at where to begin since even the character does not start up on the scene correctly and I don't have control anymore, the camera is not linking correctly and UI elements have gone strange plus more but I stopped looking after I couldn't look at UIS manager correctly. Also all the changes to the UIS and everything that I just don't need right now to justify building everything again from the ground up to make it work smoothly again.

Please, I hope you can help me by sending a legacy (happy to email you my invoice # of course!) because unless I wanted to strip everything I have worked on apart just to use this I just can't make it work otherwise.

Cheers!

PS:
I apologize for this, but I do look into things before I get them and since there was no info on the asset store about the required releases and the release notes page is not working I did not realize this would be something that would be affected when purchasing. In fact, I had not yet seen there was 2.3 out at the time. I even watched the whole tutorial video first so this was not something I had anticipated. I'm a bit annoyed I didn't buy this just over a week ago before 1.3 came out when I first looked at it and avoided this whole situation..

Suggestion:
I know that big updates will always eventually be necessary, and it is not up to opsive to troubleshoot people using older versions where changes have been intentionally implemented. But could you consider having the option of accessing just the previous version integrations/add-ons after any potentially game-breaking major update? Of course, I don't blame you but in some cases, everything is working well near end game and it just is too much of a step back. It feels after a year of buying a lot (pretty much all now) of your products and working so much through them, when there is a big update some customers are just thrown completely in the dark if updating doesn't go smoothly. Could I suggest some sort of leeway time of a month for people who are going to have major difficulties with these major changes and don't need them to finish their big projects can still access the required files? I am sure you have your reasons but in these particular cases with such a huge change all around it really can add stress that can be easily resolved with access to one previous version. This is just a suggestion, of course and some feedback on some products I really like and want to use :)

Thanks again for the great products!

Last edited:
The latest set of updates was a major change :)

When you are getting close to releasing your project I highly recommend that you do not update. If you are thinking of updating and am also far along with development bringing in the updated assets into a separate project and testing everything out is also a good move. This will allow you to determine if you really do want to update. Of course, using some form of source control is also recommended.

We currently do not have the infrastructure to be able to host legacy versions of the integration downloads. Overall I like this idea but it'll take some development time from our web contractors and currently we do not have an active contract with them.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you agree and I have made the "no more update" commitment decision. I think when you can a legacy will help a lot! There are times were being able to access those files will be very handy. In the meantime I am messaging you my receipt for AI Deathmatch. Could you please upload or email me a copy that works with 2.2.8? Otherwise it will be a wasted purchase and very upsetting haha. Thanks for responding to my long winded rant haha.