default unity navigation movement pack VS A* PathFinding asset integration

manscom

hi

I am wondering if the seek task from the A* PathFinding asset integration works differently compare to the movement pack because I am having bad result on using the A* PathFinding seek task with the demo tree, for example in the below images.
螢幕截圖 2021-08-09 下午9.30.16.png螢幕截圖 2021-08-09 下午10.15.55.png
so these images are both exactly the same as I just change the demo seek task to the A* PathFinding seek task from the demo tree because that logic works for my case, the unity NavMeshAgent keep chasing the player in every frame which is what I want, but the A*PathFinding one does not chase the player in every frame, the weird thing is the agent will first move to previous player last position before move to the current position, but I think the seek task should always keep chasing the last position as I look though the code it has no different compare to the demo seek task code. I am so confusing why it acts like this.

please assist me for this problem.
thank you!
Man

Have you tried comparing your settings to the A* integration demo scene? It sounds like one of your A* parameters may be off - the seek task will return success as soon as the character arrives at the target destination.

I would also try simplifying your tree with just seek to make sure you can get that part working. If it works in a simplified tree then it's not directly related to seek but instead related to your tree structure.

Have you tried comparing your settings to the A* integration demo scene? It sounds like one of your A* parameters may be off - the seek task will return success as soon as the character arrives at the target destination.

I would also try simplifying your tree with just seek to make sure you can get that part working. If it works in a simplified tree then it's not directly related to seek but instead related to your tree structure.
thanks for your reply

I have try out a simple tree which only has a patrol and seek task but the seek task looks like won't chase the target if the target gets too far away distance and works on close distance.

I have record a short video for this, please check the below link for your reference.

Furthermore, the above example was using the Grid Graph, but if I change it to the Recast Graph the result get even worst.

Please also check the below link to watch the short video for your reference.

Thank You!

I haven't seen that occur before - can you output the destination within IStarAIMovement.SetDestination to see if that's right? It's almost like the A* path is failing when the destination is too far away. You may also want to ask if there is anything with A* which could be limiting it.

I haven't seen that occur before - can you output the destination within IStarAIMovement.SetDestination to see if that's right? It's almost like the A* path is failing when the destination is too far away. You may also want to ask if there is anything with A* which could be limiting it.
Do you mean the searching path log infos that updates in every frame? I record a short video to show that, please click the below link for your reference. For that, I created a blend new project and setup an even simpler scene to show what is happening, but I think I am facing a serious issue is the A* pathfinding just not working at all with just one seek task from the tree, I have no idea why the result is getting worst. here is the video for that.

Beside that, I try stop the behavior tree component and add the AIDestinationSetter component set the target and the navigation works prefect. here is the video for that.

With the whole navigation system, I am using a Raycast Graph and the RichAI.cs which is different compare to the integration demo scene, please tell me if there is something wrong about integrating with the pro version of the A*. This is just a blend new project with nothing change so I really don't know why this is happening.

Thank You!

I also have another scene setup with the NavMeshAgent and it works fine but the pathfinding surely not as good as the A*, here is also a video for that.

because A* has a better solution for navigation system so I do want to use that on my game. Please assist me with this problem, I do want to know if you can setup a scene also using the Raycast Graph and the RichAI.cs movement script and see if everything if good to go.

Thank You!

Do you mean the searching path log infos that updates in every frame?
No, add a Debug.Log to verify the position is being set correctly. If it's being set correctly then the problem relates to the A* search. Unfortunately in this case I am not an A* expert so I would ask the publisher what could cause that behavior. From what I can see your behavior tree setup looks good.