Database Issues

drerlee

How to fix the below errors/warnings?

1 AssaultRifle (1145824216) || ItemCollection Default (Main) || ItemStack(1164675712)[ 0 Item is NULL in ItemCollection is NULL] is a non equippable item it cannot be added to the item set manager.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.BridgeEquippableProcessing:Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.IItemRestriction.AddCondition (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.ItemCollection) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/BridgeEquippableProcessing.cs:725)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.Inventory:AddCondition (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.ItemCollection) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Core/InventoryCollections/Inventory.cs:289)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.ItemCollection:AddItemCondition (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Core/InventoryCollections/ItemCollection.cs:476)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.InventoryCollections.ItemSlotCollection:AddItem (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,int) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Core/InventoryCollections/ItemSlotCollection.cs:212)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.CharacterInventoryBridge:MoveItemToEquippable (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,int,int) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/CharacterInventoryBridge.cs:376)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.CharacterInventoryBridge:MoveEquip (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,int,int,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/CharacterInventoryBridge.cs:457)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.CharacterInventoryBridge:MoveEquip (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/CharacterInventoryBridge.cs:443)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.CharacterEquipUnequipItemAction:InvokeActionInternal (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.ItemActions.ItemUser) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/InventoryItemActions/CharacterEquipUnequipItemAction.cs:76)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.ItemActions.ItemAction:InvokeAction (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.DataStructures.ItemInfo,Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.ItemActions.ItemUser) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/ItemActions/ItemAction.cs:97)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.ItemViewSlotContainers.ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase:InvokeActionInternal (int,int) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/ItemViewSlotContainers/ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase.cs:245)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.ItemViewSlotContainers.ItemViewSlotsContainerCategoryItemActionSetBinding:UseAllItemActions (int) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/ItemViewSlotContainers/ItemViewSlotsContainerCategoryItemActionSetBinding.cs:68)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.ItemViewSlotContainers.ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase:TriggerItemAction (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlot) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/ItemViewSlotContainers/ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase.cs:155)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.ItemViewSlotContainers.ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase:TriggerItemAction () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/ItemViewSlotContainers/ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase.cs:123)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.ItemViewSlotContainers.ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase:HandleItemClicked (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlotEventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/ItemViewSlotContainers/ItemViewSlotsContainerItemActionBindingBase.cs:106)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlotsContainerBase/<>c__DisplayClass63_0:<Initialize>b__0 () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewSlotsContainerBase.cs:203)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.CompoundElements.ActionButton:press () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/CompoundElements/ActionButton.cs:72)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.CompoundElements.ActionButton:OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/CompoundElements/ActionButton.cs:123)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlot:OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewSlot.cs:188)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:385)

In the integration only equippable items can be equipped by the UCC system.

Equippable items are defined by an ItemCategory:
1631516825928.png
All items that can be equipped, using the UCC Item Set system (for weapons, not clothes) must be inheritting this category.
1631516947173.png

Simply make sure that the category your assault rifle is part of has "Equippable" as a parent or ancestor.

Make sure to double check the integration documenation and video tutorial as all this should have been mentioned there:

Yes it has equippable as a parent and still the same issue. My item collections are not saving for my pickups either. Thats why I suggeested is their a db issue. this started from me having my character switch databases, and i kept getting the "right click and run the database replace objects script", message. Ive tried starting new db's, but same issue. How do I clear out the db settings and start fresh?

I see, most likely you are referencing the wrong objects in a few places and have a mix of different databases objects within your scene.
You must have a single database for your game.
If you are just getting started I would recommend simply making a new scene and make sure to use only one database. If you want to keep your scene then you must fix the issues manually by checking the objects that could be referencing the wrong database and replacing them.
Switching databases doesn't play well with scriptable object references. That's why I added a way to specify ItemCategories and ItemDefinitions by name in some places, but it was not possible to do it everywhere.

Ive already tried setting up a new scene, the item collections still wont save to the inventory of the pickups and thus it doesn't work. My question now is can I reinstall UIS package to start fresh after deleting all db's?