Damage not always receieved over network

BJPickles

Hi again, apologies for the total spam. I'd like to point out that I'm aware this could be related to the current look source error, but this is the current situation:

Damage is rarely done by the player, but is done occasionally. I cannot seem to figure out what's going on (it could be as simple as lowering a setting, I'm not sure).

The video below shows it. I wanted to put this as a separate issue as I'm not sure the two are related.

Its important to also note that I am using a custom spawn manager. I have an on click to set the ID of the character, and then my spawn manager loads the prefab PUN character associated with that ID. This is available on the forums if you're looking for it.

A super quick follow up with this- I am going to test the demo scene with the following:

1. Fresh project, SingleCharacter. I will see if damage is done.

2. I will then test the custom spawn manager.

I have just posted this in case I'm being silly and I'm missing an attribute or something obvious / easily fixed.

If you are still getting the look source error I recommend fixing that first - when the controller is in an error state a lot of subsequent logic can go wrong.

I have fixed the look source error. It will only reappear if I open / edit the prefab and then run the game.
The error will not appear when I leave the prefab completely alone.

This was after reimporting both Opsive and PUN addon.

What's important to note is that despite setting up the layers - for some reason the demo scenes don't work properly. Doors don't open, crates fall through the ground, damage isn't sent over the network etc.

Multiplayer games are especially hard to debug. Please list the steps to reproduce from a fresh project with just the demo scene and I can take a closer look at it. You should not be getting any look source errors when you modify a prefab.

Greatest apologies, I've just found that my unity project is corrupted nd has been producing a lot of issues.

I've fully tested (even with my custom spawn manager) in a fresh Unity project and there has been no issues or errors.
Tested both with demo assets and custom assets.

This may now be closed.