Copying ability properties & item questions

Hamesh

I am setting up all of the ability properties on the default Nolan in the demo to make sure everything is working ok there first. Once this testing is done, how do I go about copying the abilities to a new character? I understand that there is a config file for the camera states, is there something similar for transfering abilities from one character to another?

I would like to be able to change the use input of the secondary grenade item but I cannot find where to do this. I would basically like it to use the trajectory when holding the button and on button up the grenade is thrown. If I would also like to create another secondary throwable but tie it to another key where would I set this new input? In TPC1 this used to be on the item prefab but I cannot find it there.

I would like to set the dual wield items (dual pistols, sword and shield) to switch together so that if you have both of the dual wield pair you can only switch to both of them not one or the other, similar to in FPS games where if you are dual wielding both weapons are treated like one weapon for switching purposes. I remember there was a setting to be able to set this but I cannot for the life of me find it.

In the animator controller, I would like to edit the swim animations but I cannot find these in any of the layers, where exactly are they?

Thank you, and apologies for so many questions at once.

I am setting up all of the ability properties on the default Nolan in the demo to make sure everything is working ok there first. Once this testing is done, how do I go about copying the abilities to a new character? I understand that there is a config file for the camera states, is there something similar for transfering abilities from one character to another?
You can use the Copy Component Values tool on the top right of each component of the inspector. There isn't anything built in to the controller that allows for copying.

I would like to be able to change the use input of the secondary grenade item but I cannot find where to do this. I would basically like it to use the trajectory when holding the button and on button up the grenade is thrown. If I would also like to create another secondary throwable but tie it to another key where would I set this new input? In TPC1 this used to be on the item prefab but I cannot find it there.
You'd change the Use ability's Input Name.

would like to set the dual wield items (dual pistols, sword and shield) to switch together so that if you have both of the dual wield pair you can only switch to both of them not one or the other, similar to in FPS games where if you are dual wielding both weapons are treated like one weapon for switching purposes. I remember there was a setting to be able to set this but I cannot for the life of me find it.
You'll want to use the Item Set Manager:

In the animator controller, I would like to edit the swim animations but I cannot find these in any of the layers, where exactly are they?
The full body layer.

You can use the Copy Component Values tool on the top right of each component of the inspector. There isn't anything built in to the controller that allows for copying.
Ok will try this, in TPC1 copying didn't work.

You'd change the Use ability's Input Name.
Do you mean the Use ability under the item abilities? I tried playing around with this but no matter what I changed the start type to Nolan always just throws the secondary grenade, there is no way to aim it first by holding "G".

You'll want to use the Item Set Manager:

Yes I have tried this but what happens is that when both pistols are picked up for example I can switch to the dual wield pistols but then I can also switch to the single right hand pistol. I would like to prevent switching to the single pistol if both have been picked up:
eg. single pistol picked up, rifle picked up; can switch between rifle and single pistol
eg. both pistol s picked up, rifle picked up; can switch between rifle and dual wield pistols only (not single pistol anymore)

The full body layer.

I cannot see it, yet the animations are working:

Screenshot - 24 02 2020.png

Do you mean the Use ability under the item abilities? I tried playing around with this but no matter what I changed the start type to Nolan always just throws the secondary grenade, there is no way to aim it first by holding "G".
Rereading your post I see what you're trying to do now. Right now the trajectory path can only be shown when the aim ability is active. In order to add support for this you can subclass the ThrowableItem and add a TrajectoryObject.SimulateTrajectory call within LateUpdate. You can do this when the item is active by checking IsInUse.

Yes I have tried this but what happens is that when both pistols are picked up for example I can switch to the dual wield pistols but then I can also switch to the single right hand pistol. I would like to prevent switching to the single pistol if both have been picked up:
eg. single pistol picked up, rifle picked up; can switch between rifle and single pistol
eg. both pistol s picked up, rifle picked up; can switch between rifle and dual wield pistols only (not single pistol anymore)
When both pistols are picked up you could disable the single pistol item set. This will take some scripting but is definitely possible.

I cannot see it, yet the animations are working:
Oops, they are on the base layer.

I believe I am using the UCC demo animator, and then I just added the two addon animations via the Addon's manager:

Screenshot - 24 02 2020 (3).png

When Nolan is swimming the animator does go to a swim state inside the Base Layer, but I cannot see this state in the Base Layer, very strange:

Screenshot - 24 02 2020 (4).png

Hey - it looks like the agility abilities may just be overlapping the swimming ones. If you look at the right column they have more of a drop shadow so looks like the swimming states are behind. If you move the right column abilities you should see them. Hope this helps!

Oh my god that was it! I was starting to think that it was possible to have an invisible state in the animator :cool:
Thank you