Combo Attack stuck issue (bug maybe)

filod

similar situation like the post above, i'm pretty sure i setup all params correctly.

and the stuck can only be reproduced by these conditions:

1. attack animation clip length is about 0.666s
2. UseComplete event is trigger about 95% of clip
3. combo ResetDelay set to 0.5s.
4. First Use(LMB) trigger current, LMB againt when very very close to UseComplete event.
5. animation get stuck

And here is how i solve this issue and i don't know why: set ResetDelay to 1s.

The demo animator controller has a very specific setup so by adjusting the melee parameters you are changing how the animator should be setup. If the animator is getting stuck take a look at the parameters within the animator and determine if a new transition needs to be created.

The demo animator controller has a very specific setup so by adjusting the melee parameters you are changing how the animator should be setup. If the animator is getting stuck take a look at the parameters within the animator and determine if a new transition needs to be created.
as i said, i'm pretty sure i setup all params correctly.
Can this be reproduced in the demo scene?

yes, i can reproduce it by just set ResetDelay set to 0.5s, and stuck easily:

It's not that you didn't setup the parameters, it's more that the demo animator controller expects the parameters the way they are setup in the demo scene. If you change those parameters then you will need to rework the animator with those parameters in mind.

It's not that you didn't setup the parameters, it's more that the demo animator controller expects the parameters the way they are setup in the demo scene. If you change those parameters then you will need to rework the animator with those parameters in mind.
ok, but what exactly the value should i consider about ? Is there any rules ? It's not intuitive to relate ResetDelay with ClipLength, i guess the reason is ResetDelay is conflict with Combo ?

ResetDelay will reset the index back to the starting value after the specified about of time with no input. In the demo scene it is expecting the reset delay to be the existing value so it can then correctly transition back to the start.

ResetDelay will reset the index back to the starting value after the specified about of time with no input. In the demo scene it is expecting the reset delay to be the existing value so it can then correctly transition back to the start.
so, you mean ResetDelay indeed conflict with Combo as a design choice? i think better some defense programming/tip/docuemnt here to prevent misuse like me or guys in here