Collision/Trigger detection with Parallel node

Iggy

Hello, I was wondering what is the proper way to check for a collision using a parallel node? Specifically, how do you let the sequence continue after the check returns success?

I've tried using conditional aborts like this and it works for me. I was just curious about the parallel approach as I just can't seem to get it working, and I can see it mentioned in the task description.

For collisions/triggers you'll want to use the conditional abort approach as those tasks are designed to be reevaluated rather than run every tick.

Thanks for the answer, Justin.

What's the difference between task evaluation and task running?

The way I understand it is that:
  • Evaluation is an immediate check, usually a decorator.
  • Task run is a conditional or an action task that can take multiple ticks to complete.
Is this right?

In some sense they are the same things, it's just how they are executed that is different.

Conditional aborts only affect conditional tasks which should always return a success or failure status. Action tasks can return a status of running which indicates that the task hasn't finished executing yet. Conditional aborts are always checked first, followed by the rest of the behavior tree execution.