Climb from water ability starting without object identifier collider

snicker

I am in the process of copying Nolan's abilities/states onto my character to get everything running. I did this same process with agility pack and it works great.
Climb from Water works fine with Nolan, and I've copied the states, abilities order and parameters from SwimmingDemoNolan onto my character.
Using demo animator controller with swimming animations added.
Climb from water ability index is set for 303, swim to 301 just like demo

In the demo scene pool, my character climbs from water onto land just fine when there is an object identifier trigger, but he also does the climb from water ability in the middle of the pool, falls in, and resumes swimming. Sometimes this causes error in attachment.
He also climbs out of the pool onto land when there is no 303 object identifier.

How do I make him only climb from water when prompted by the UI text "Press Jump to climb out" / object identifier 303 collider? It works fine with Nolan I just want to add it to my character.

climfromwatereoor (2).png

What is the stack trace of the first error? That is probably an indication why it isn't working.

I tried to reproduce its just this error after climbing in the middle of the pool, it doesn't do this when I use climb near the object identifierclimbwatererror3.png

Last edited:
I made a new character and set up swimming and it works. I think something may have been corrupted from copying and pasting component values from Nolan.

I've gotten to know the components way better in the process so I'm going to add states and abilities manually this time.