Character stance is tilted and i want the posture straight

sheet1281

Mu character stance is tilted and I am unable to get the character posture straight. My client is also annoyed. Can anyone suggest what are the best ways we can correct character stance ?

Can you share a screenshot of what you mean exactly by "tilted"? Are you using custom animations? If you're using a custom model, then you should make sure to match up the rig of your animator/animations with your model's rig.

This is likely related to your character's rig not matching the animations created for Nolan. If you use your own animations it should fix it. One way to confirm this would be to disable the CharacterIK component and determine if the animations are still the same.

So I disabled the character IK, I think it's the default animations. because it is also tilted, can you advise the animation pack which will are compatible and can be a good starting point.

Attachments

• Stance.PNG
    Stance.PNG
    189.8 KB · Views: 6
This is related to Unity's animator retargetting feature and for best results you should create animations based on the rig that you are using.

Mixamo has plenty of good free animations (looks like you're using Xbot from Mixamo anyway), and you can import your character rig to it so that any animations you get off it are targeted to your specific rig. As long as your animations and character model both use the same rig.

I can agree with Andrew on the rig and anim. I have not looked into correcting the issue yet, but if you use Mixamo characters they are rigged to work with any anim pack you buy on unity store. Nolan seems to be rigged to work with his animations only. When I setup my own characters I will let you know what I come up with.
Hope this helps.

Sheet1281 I have setup a few characters to test and was able to duplicate the issue you are having. I must say I was also expecting an out of the box working controller. Not a Nolan controller. Lol.
I thought this was a unity asset, maybe not if a Unity's animator re-targeting feature was not accounted for or tested before release.
Hope this help.

Unfortunately this is completely on the Unity's Animator retargetting side of things. Any character controller on the Asset Store that uses the Animator would have the same issue.

I am currently working with 4 controllers, opsive being one of them. I must say I really do like yalls controller and all it offers. But on the other controllers, to name one Game Kit Controller that is not an issue as I can place any character on that controller and the built-in-anims just work with it out-of-the-box. But the main reasons I am more invested in the opsive controller is due to the moving platform and easy to use inventory system out of the box functionality, that is key to my project and I don't have to do any extra code to make them work. So you can ether do the rig, anims, events and curves cause that's easy and fun. The other option is to duplicate the animation and just change the transforms to the rig you are using. These are two options I see that would be needed to make it work for you Sheet1281.
Hope this helps.