Character Layer Manager interfering with other plugin

Hello,
I started using the Shader/Material manipulation tool Advanced Dissolve (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/advanced-dissolve-111598) to animate pieces of my character. However, when I have everything set up, it does not work. How it is supposed to work is when I move a plane across my character, a different model gets rendered.

AD_Demo01.gif

I've managed to figure out that the problem is either with the Character Layer Manager, or one of the many functions that interacts with it, because when I remove it from the character and then start the game, the dissolve works properly (I have noted that it still does not work if I remove the CLM after starting the game).

I don't think anything with Opsive is messing with the shader or materials as if I have the plane partway through my character, or move the character through the plane's starting position, the effect works properly. The only problem is that when I move the plane, the transition line doesn't move with it.
AD_Demo02.gif
I'd post this on something related to the AD plugin itself, but they don't really have anything. Any potential insight or help would be appreciated.

Is there anything in Opsive (specifically the CLM) that would mess with Material.SetVector()? When I comment out that line in Advanced Dissolve, the effect behaves the same outside of play mode as it does inside play mode.

I never worked with AD, so I don't not the mechanism it interacts with the character.
The CLM only provides public properties for the layers the character is supposed to interact/collide with. There is no logic in the script itself. You should not remove it as otherwise UCC will not work properly. You can try putting the interacting object to one of the invisible layers set on the CLM. This way it should not be interfering with UCC.

I finally figured it out. It was the Object Fader on the camera forcibly changing the materials settings when AD was trying to do the same thing. I just needed to toggle off Fade Character.