Changing Hang Inpu

I am trying to change the input for making the character move up from a hang to jump from the up button. But that variable does not seem to be made public in the component. Is there a way to change this?

The variable likely isn't exposed but just so I have an understanding of what you are trying to do, instead of transferring up with the up button you want the jump button to transfer you up?

The variable likely isn't exposed but just so I have an understanding of what you are trying to do, instead of transferring up with the up button you want the jump button to transfer you up?

Yes. Currently you can choose which button starts the hang ability of you are close to the hang surface. But you cannot change which button will cause the pull up or vertical transfer. I believe most modern games use the jump button to move up from hang, but I should double check. Either way it would be nice to be able to change that in the inspector.

Ok, there is another area of Hang that could really improve to reach its full potential, related to the first post:

Hang has two parts: 1) The initiation of the holding of the ledge 2) Pulling yourself up from the ledge (and maybe 3) would be the horizontal or vertical transfer). Start and stop type both seem to be related to the first part of the ability. It might be useful to think of this as three abilities combined (as discussed above), and have a separate start and stop ability type, and input for each one of the different sub-abilities.

Another example that I just encountered is to make the character automatically pull himself up when he catches the ledge (like in Dead Cells). You earlier mentioned that I can make the type Automatic, but that just makes the initial catch action automatic, if the ledge is in within catch distance without separately jumping. Then the character will just remain in hang. And the stop type only determines releasing yourself from hang, and not the pull up.

I remember you mentioned Hang was the most complicated of all the abilities in the agility pack and I can clearly see how now. It is indeed many separate abilities combined. Since it may be confusing to introduce these as separate abilities, I wonder if this can be shown as sub-sections under the same hang ability in the component ability window. (1)Hang, 2)Pull Up, 3) Vertical Transfer, 4) Horizontal Transfer, 5)Shimmy)

Finally, a video on all properties of hang would be much appreciated.