Changing first person hand positioning

HecknWrekd

Hoping for a jolt in the right direction.

I am trying to adjust left arm/hand positioning based on the type of weapon equipped. After reviewing the documentation and videos, as well as several forum posts, it would seem as if though the state system is my answer. However, after adding the Weapon state under the "Item state manager" component on the character controller, I can no longer switch to the weapon and/or the equipped item set i have created a state component for.

rather than play with that, i opened an empty scene, created the new game manager, character, item, etc. but i used the "Assault Rifle" demo presets in hopes that i could simply tweak them. if i add the state component and attempt to change anything related to arm positioning on the FirstPersonArms, they will simply stay stuck in place. which keeps me from moving the arm positioning and being able to follow up with the "persist" function.

are initial hand positioning tied to the animator? Do i need to create anim sets for each shootable weapon i add to the project that werent included in the demo?

Attachments

• Unity 2018.3.5f1 Personal - Prototype.unity - Civil Un - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone _DX11_ 3_5...jpg
    Unity 2018.3.5f1 Personal - Prototype.unity - Civil Un - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone _DX11_ 3_5...jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 18
It doesn't look like the state system or presets will help this case. In third person you can use Unity's IK system to position the left hand, but that's not possible with generic models. The proper fix for this is to adjust the animation in order to match the weapon.

Understood! Thanks a bunch! As always your help is truly appreciated. I'm having a blast learning the controller and I'd be lost without ya!