change input when selecting

Dahrona

By default, we can use ASDW on the keyboard or the navigation button on the gamepad to select the grid element in the inventory grid. then how can I change it with another button like L1 for next and R1 for prev? i can't change it by input because it will affect other inputs.

@Sangemdoko is currently on vacation and will have a better answer when he gets back but from what I know the flow is controlled by the standard Unity event system. You could try changing the input on the Standalone Input Module.

Yes as Justin mentioned, the Inventory system uses the standard unity UI input system for navigation.
So if you want to change the inputs you'll need to swap out the inputs in the Unity UI Input component.
That component will be different depending on the Input system that you use. So the solution will be different for each.
For example here is how it could be done witht the new input system:

For stuff specific the Ivnentory system, we have some additional input for switching pages in the InventoryGrid or triggering item actions. We call them "handlers" for any components that have inputs you can find them here:

I hope that helps