Change animation

Hi Justin, I'm trying to add a new Body animation. I copied the 'Body (Sub-State Machine)' in the 'Full Body Layer' and replaced the animation inside, and changed the 'Slot0ItemID' to 51. Finally I changed the 'Animator Item ID' in the 'Body Item' Also changed to 51. I think 51 should be an unused ID.

The other parameters have not changed. When I play the game and press the left mouse button, the character will play the first attack animation and then get stuck. I cannot return to the Idle state and cannot perform the next attack animation.

When I change all ‘51’ to ‘21’, the character wo n’t get stuck, and I can return to Idle state or perform a second attack animation.

To put it simply, I only changed ‘Slot0ItemID’ and ‘Animation’, everything else stays the same, why does n’t it work? Is there anything else that needs to be modified?

I would check your animation events - the animations with ID 21 have animation events whereas I bet the new ones that you added don't. This page has more info:

I would check your animation events - the animations with ID 21 have animation events whereas I bet the new ones that you added don't. This page has more info:

You are right, thank you, the animation now plays correctly.

Last edited: