Categories VS Equipping Items

darkAbacus247

Hey all,
I've followed the video tutorials / documentation but am having some trouble with categories?

It seems if I switch an items category to something other than 'Items', my character wont equip the item when triggered...
Here is a link to my current workflow, if it helps, maybe you can show me where I'm going wrong?

Runtime pickup - error

It's very possible I don't fully understand categories, though the documentation seems pretty straight forward.

Just an FYI i searched the forms before posting this, if this has been answered feel free to copy a link...not trying to waste anyone's time here ;p

Thanks everyone!

I had a skim through your video (sorry but due to support load we can't watch length videos for each question), but I couldn't see the error message - could you paste it here?

Hey Andrew,

I apologize but there's no error message to share. I'm just receiving different results than described in the tutorial guides (both video and text based).

I get my video is a bit lengthy at 7m, we could try watching in 2x mode? Since I assume you are familiar with the setup you might be able to see where I've gone wrong in just under 3m?

If it helps I believe the issue starts at 54s - 1:54, if i set everything to "item" i don't have the issue any longer, as in the character will pickup and equip the item(s)...but then what's the point of categories if I can't use anything other than Item?

...considering I've spent $260 on this asset and most likely will grab the rest down the line...it would be appreciated? I'm just trying to set up the basics so I'm sure I've done something obviously wrong as I'm quite new to the system.

Anyway...thanks.

There are a couple of things to check:

1. On the ItemSetManager do you have the correct Item Collection specified?
2. On the EquipUnequip ability is it

This page also goes into more detail on those: https://opsive.com/support/document...lities/item-abilities/item-set/equip-unequip/

Thank you Justin, much appreciated!
I swear I've read that page...just guess I needed to read it again. Many thanks!

After making the change in step 2 suggested above, I do now receive an error during startup. Though able to continue and play as expected. But I'd like to clear it (of course).

I am trying to resolve this on my own...so I hate to ask a immediate follow up question...but if you have time could help me with this once more? I find the documentation easy to follow, provided I know where to look...so if you have another link describing this that would be fine as well? ...I haven't found any hits via documentation yet though.

Error: The EquipUnequip ItemAbility with the category ID 3392521538 must be added to the character.

Glad you're making progress! Based off of that error it looks like you have either the EquipScroll or EquipSwitcher ability added with a certain category but do not have a corresponding EquipUnequip ability added with the same category. The EquipScroll and EquipSwitcher abilities use EquipUnequip so that ability must be added with the same category.

Huza!!
Thanks again Justin!

UCC is quite amazing, even at a low level of understanding. I'm very much looking forward to getting proficient with it!

I'm off to break something else now I guess :)