Capsule collider height not changing

I have a character that does not have an animator. When I activate the height change ability, the camera moves according to the capsule collider height adjustment, but the capsule collider remains the same height. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The capsule collider will change heights based on the "AdjustCapsuleColliderHeight" event. Do you have the CapsuleColliderPositioner on your collider? Also, for the Height Change ability you can specify which amount that you'll want it to adjust by.

I do have a CapsuleColliderPositioner on my collider. But I thought that was only for characters that have animators. It doesn't seem to do anything. I've also adjusted settings in the Height Change ability.

Also, how would I modify the transition speed between crouch and standing?

Last edited:
CapsuleColliderPositioner will be added for non-animator controllers as well. If you set a breakpoint within the AdjustCapsuleColliderHeight event does it get called? Right now the transition speed is not exposed.

I'm not sure what you mean by AdjustCapsuleColliderHeight event. Where is this located? Should it be listed as an event under Character Locomotion? The list is empty for all events under Character Locomotion.

What stop type are you using for the Height Change ability? I just tested it and the collider was correctly adjusted - when I tested it my Start and Stop Type was Button Down so that was causing some weirdness. When I changed the Stop Type to button toggle it worked.

To answer your question though, AdjustCapsuleColliderHeight is a built in event within the CapsuleColliderPositioner component. In order to debug it you'll need to set a breakpoint using a tool such as Visual Studio.

Ok. I actually figured it out. Turns out you only need the First End Cap Target for it to work because it generates the second one at run time. Thanks for your help!

Can the transition speed be exposed in a future update? Such an immediate transition between crouch and standing is a little awkward. Also, if I wanted to modify it, could I change it in the script?

Same here - would love to be able to modify the crouch enter and exit speeds. The way it snaps right now is very jarring.