Cant add any State to any component (New or Existing)

Hi,

none of my UCC components seem to be able to have any States added to them other than the Default State, when I try to create a new State the .asset file never gets created and when I try to add an existing state it never gets added to the component.

Please any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Justin, thanks for the prompt reply and the clarification, here are the necessary details

1. Third Person Controller (Psuedo 3D setup)

2. 2018.4.4f1

3. Cant add any existing State or create a new state to any UCC components at all.

4. Created a new Psuedo3D character from scratch with basic generic abilities and based it off the Nolan char found in the demo. Once I tried to set up a new State that freezes the player I noticed that no existing State can be added to any UCC components nor can a new State be created.

Parent directory must exist before creating asset at Assets/eCharacterController/Demo/Presets/Character/UCCLocomotionFreeze.asset.
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CreateAsset(Object, String)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateInspector:CreatePreset(Object, State[], ReorderableList, String) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateInspector.cs:418)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateBehaviorInspector:CreatePreset() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateBehaviorInspector.cs:185)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/eCharacterController/Demo/Presets/Character/UCCLocomotionFreeze.asset failed.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateInspector.CreatePreset (System.Object target, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.StateSystem.State[] states, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList reorderableList, System.String selectedIndexKey) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateInspector.cs:418)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateBehaviorInspector.CreatePreset () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateBehaviorInspector.cs:185)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, Int32 selected) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:121)

Taking a closer look at the error that I receive (described in 5) it seems it is trying to create or access presets from a different directory that doesnt exist.

Taking a closer look at the error that I receive (described in 5) it seems it is trying to create or access presets from a different directory that doesnt exist.
That does look like what is happening. Ensure you are trying to create the state within the same directory as your project. It doesn't look like you are saving it in the right project.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the heads up it seems that the window browser opened up in an older folder of my project for some reason instead of the current project Im working on, I managed to fix the issue. Thanks again for all the help and apologies for the hassle