Can a task override conditional aborts?

Grumpkin

So I have an agent that pursues the player until they're within range of their attack skill. Once there, they check if their attack skill is off cooldown. If it's not, they attempt to maintain a minimum distance (so they don't just mindlessly mash their face into yours), and the "Both" conditional abort allows the pursuit brance to kick back in if the character moves out of range while waiting for the skill to come off cooldownl. Once they are in range and the skill is off cooldown, it activates the skill and starts running an external behavior tree containing the attack sequence.

The problem is that the first part of the attack sequence is a recoil (which acts as a tell), which pushes the enemy out of range of the Within Distance task, and the conditional abort cuts the attack tree short in order to begin pursuit once more.

Is there a way to override the conditional abort to guarantee that once I start the external behavior tree it will continue until complete? I'm sure there's another way to structure the tree to avoid this problem, but it's not coming to me at the moment.
ConditionalAbortOverride.png

There isn't a way to override the abort other than to continue to return the same result within OnUpdate. You could try using just a Lower Priority abort, or if that doesn't work you can manually choose when to stop tasks using the Interrupt/Perform Interruption tasks. This will give you complete control - take a look at the RTS sample project for an example.