[Bugs?] Vanilla Deathmatch AI Kit

DavidC

2020.3.17f1

Everything just downloaded, and imported, exactly per documentation, no extras.

1. Shooting an agent on the upper catwalk pushed the agent into/through the catwalk. I wasn't able to grab a screenshot before another agent killed the stuck one, so I made this hyper-realistic drawing. I'm guessing this is from weapon impact forcing the capsule collider through the floor collider.
1630867208278.png
2. Jumping into the beam gets you stuck. I thought it might have some kind of physics effect (like launching you up and out) and wanted to test it. Just need to add a box collider to prevent falling in.
bug1.JPG

Last edited:
3. Hitting esc, then clicking on "resume" you do not regain mouse/look control. Only way to resolve is to alt+tab out of the window and click back in.

4. (Suggestion) have the shield on by default or even have an option for it in the menu to enable/disable. I'd say this for base ucc, too. Shows off another feature.

5. It says to bake navmesh and lights. I could not bake lights, and the navmesh was already baked. Also applies to other versions. I might change wording on splash to say "if scene is dark, bake the lights. If characters are unable to move, bake navmesh. If unable to sprint or crouch run project setup. If textures are pink, download the corresponding URP or HDRP integration, and follow instructions."

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports!

1. Shooting an agent on the upper catwalk pushed the agent into/through the catwalk. I wasn't able to grab a screenshot before another agent killed the stuck one, so I made this hyper-realistic drawing. I'm guessing this is from weapon impact forcing the capsule collider through the floor collider.
Has this one only happened to you once? I've manually placed an AI agent in that location and haven't gotten them to fall through the floor.

2. Jumping into the beam gets you stuck. I thought it might have some kind of physics effect (like launching you up and out) and wanted to test it. Just need to add a box collider to prevent falling in.
The center area does not have a physics effect, but you shouldn't get stuck. Were you crouching in that picture? You look like your through the collider if you are standing.

3. Hitting esc, then clicking on "resume" you do not regain mouse/look control. Only way to resolve is to alt+tab out of the window and click back in.
Thanks!

4. (Suggestion) have the shield on by default or even have an option for it in the menu to enable/disable. I'd say this for base ucc, too. Shows off another feature.
I actually thought that we had the shield enabled in this one. It shouldn't affect the AI but I'll enable it and make sure everything still works well.

5. It says to bake navmesh and lights. I could not bake lights, and the navmesh was already baked. Also applies to other versions. I might change wording on splash to say "if scene is dark, bake the lights. If characters are unable to move, bake navmesh. If unable to sprint or crouch run project setup. If textures are pink, download the corresponding URP or HDRP integration, and follow instructions."
Thanks - that was the standard display that we have and deathmatch doesn't have any lightmaps.

1. Yes, just once. Mostly brought it up in case it was related to the high-speed collision thing you fixed in UCC recently.

2. If you look at the mesh collider, you can see the hole. The bottom of the "beam" (black) has a mesh, but the whole beam is on the VFX layer. I'm not crouching. For the physics effect, I was just curious, I do the same type of thing when I'm playing games for fun, lol.
1630944234326.png

4. Yeah, just a thing I thought would be good to showcase, not a bug. :)

5. I see a lot of people trying to bake navmesh/lightmaps when they don't need to, in discord. Both for ease of trying to keep things updated, but also to confuse people less, I do recommend the phrasing about "If you see X problem do Y." I'd actually put the input first in the list because a lot of people fire up the game without hitting the input setup buttons. Heck, half the time I forget to when I'm setting up a test project, lol.

6. (New) When I load up the menu scene, pressing start throws an error. I don't know if this is with the files, or something I didn't do (a setup button I missed?) I know how to fix this manually, just a possible FYI
1630944821517.png