[Bug] - Mirroring of contents of ItemAmountsByCategory lists within Item Description items under same Item Category

Duffer123

@Sangemdoko ,

Hi. I hope the title explains this adequately. I create Item Category X. Within X, I create a number of Attributes. Among those attributes I create a couple of ItemAmountsByCategories attributes in either Item Definition or Default Item tab within Category X. I then create several Item Definitions A, B and C.

If I add an Item (by using Item Definitions] one or more items within the ItemAmountsByCategory attributes within the Item Definitions A, B or C. The contents of those lists are mirrored across the same attribute in A, B and C. I cannot have different contents in those attributes in A when compared to B when compared to C.

@Sangemdoko ,

Gone back in to project this morning and things are now as they should be?! I wonder whether it is one of those go in to editor, come out, go back in and problem solved things?

That's very weird, I've never experienced this before. I'll add it to my list of low-priority bugs, do let me know if it ever happens again.

A guess would be that the value was showing the inherit value instead of the override value... but that does not make sense.
Another guess is that the attribute view was not refreshing correctly so it was always showing the first attribute value that was selected... but that really shouldn't be possible.

When you get this issue there are no errors/warnings in the logs?

Did Unity crash or did it only freeze? If it crashed please send us the error logs: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

If not please send us a package with your database (make sure to export the folder containing the database asset and all the database objects: item category, definition, etc...)

And make a clear step by step guide as to what trigger the issue such that we can try to replicate it on our side

@Sangemdoko ,

Will do - will pm you over discord with the package and with a covering note. It's done both. I'll note any errors too.

[edit] - anyway, posted to Discord - I've PM'd you. Thanks in advance for investigating this.

Last edited:
@Sangemdoko ,

I've PM'd you on Discord.

My (not containing any items) ItemAmountsByCategory problems persist. I've fully documented them and the error messages as they occurred this time (to partly prove it's not my imagination!).

The screen captures nicely show the wrongness I hope.

I hope you can get to the bottom of these errors as so much in complex Inventory systems could rely on these ItemAmounts-type attributes...