BD and UCC Intergration demo issue

CruttMutt

Hello,

There is a strange bug now where Agent Nolan gets stuck in attack animation after triggering an attack. Also in the scene, it seems to be impossible to build a NavMesh so he is stuck there.

I noticed things were odd after integrating UIS. My AI in my project was acting funny and getting stuck in attack or not properly seeking my player anymore. I checked the demo for reference and it was not working correctly. I then made a fresh project with only the latest everything of UIS, UCC and BD (with movement pack) with integrations to find the same issue in the BD/UCC Integration demo.

Hope this helps!

I thought I would see what you thought before continuing to fix my AI.

Using Unity 2019.3.10f

Cheers!

Not having the navmesh will definitely cause problems. If you can't bake the demo scene I would try it on a different version of Unity (I recommend sticking with the LTS releases as the tech releases should be considered beta). What demo scene are you using?

I'll try updating the project into 2019.4.9f1. Thanks for that.

I was using the BD/Intergrations/UCC Third person melee and shooter.

I'll let you know if it happens again.

I downloaded 2019.4.9f1 and opened the project (not mine, just the new one with all the opsive assets) and I'm having the same issue.

I have no problems baking NavMeshes on any other projects or scenes in the projects. It's only the demo. It all happened after updating to integrate UIS so I don't know if the connection is there... I was able to run the demo fine/bake in it before that. I have no idea why it wouldn't just read the NavMesh already there too. It's very odd.

I am going to leave my computer for awhile to see if it's just baking the NavMesh really slow. But it shouldn't take this long for a scene this small. But could just be a weird... Anomaly from my computer haha. These things happen.

Last edited:
So the NavMesh baked. That must just be something weird. But it's still just not working right. Agent Nolan isn't following the correct course and still seems to keep attack animating when out of the attacking range. My other AI started doing that too in my project. I turned off Speed Change on Agent Nolan so I could run away and you can see that he will just keep attacking until I am completely out of his range. Sometimes it's impossible to run away as he can kinda do this weird dash catch up thing at the begining, but that doesn't always happen... Seemed to reset when I turned Speed Change on and off.

Here's a vid of what I'm getting. The only alteration I've made to anything in this project is turning off speed change on Agent Nolan.

Extra note: It seems something in the hearing part is affected too as the AIs don't seek out after hearing anymore. Only seeing. I noticed this in the demo too.

UPDATE: Can confirm same strange behaviours in a brand new project, only installing TPC and BD with integrations and Movement Pack in Unity 2019.4.9f1 and running the TPM Demo.

Sorry, I do hope this is helpful. Just trying to save you the time.

Last edited:
Whoa, I just pulled a fresh copy and am seeing the same thing. I am currently on vacation so can't get to the original source, but when I get back at the end of the next week and will be able to take a closer look. It doesn't look like the correct demo assets are being used.

No worries! I just wanted to know whether it was just me. That would have caused some worry. Appreciate the response.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for your patience.

I've updated the integration so it doesn't having the scaling issues with the scene, and also looked into the tree. There was a change required on the NavMeshAgentMovement ability in order to have the character move correctly. You'll need to change m_NavMeshAgent.velocity to m_NavMeshAgent.desiredVelcocity. After I made that change everything seemed to work a lot better. This change will be in the next TPC update which should be relatively soon.

Ahh okay sure. Thanks a lot! I am just getting a lot of errors changing anything myself for whatever reason so I may just have to wait for the update. It won't recognise the .desiredVelocity so better wait before I break it.

Thanks!