Assign clip hand on a runtime pickup?

CallMeCody

could anyone help me assigning the clip hand onto a runtime pickup? it's a prefab so I'm unable to drag anything onto the gun.

Hi CallMeCody, could you explain what you're trying to achieve in a bit more detail please? What do you mean exactly by "clip hand"?

I used UIS to make a runtime weapon pickup, so the item is a prefab, I'm trying to assign the left hand to the reloadable clip attachment so that it is actually removed while reloading. But because it is a prefab I can't drag and drop the left hand onto it.

In your weapon prefab, look in the First/Third Person Shootable Weapon Properties section for Reloadable Clip Attachment ID. Set a value there, then go into your player and add an Object Identifier component to the object you want to assign and set the same value there. I actually just set up a bow pickup, so I specified a value of 1 on Fire Point Attachment Location ID, dug into the hierarchy on my player to find the arrow attachment object, clicked Add Component, added Object Identifier, and set a value of 1. Worked perfectly.