Arms shadow issues with object picking

maherar

As described in your videos, my first-person character's arms and head are disabled and visible in shadow. But while carrying any object, we can see 4 arms in shadow.
2 aramas in shadow and 2 are visibe with item. How can I fix it?

1664273847767.png

The shadows are caused by the third person arms. They get a material assigned that is invisible, but still casts shadows. This first person arms do not cast shadows at all.
It looks like you are missing the animation for the third person arms carrying the box. So they are just hanging down.

The shadows are caused by the third person arms. They get a material assigned that is invisible, but still casts shadows. This first person arms do not cast shadows at all.
It looks like you are missing the animation for the third person arms carrying the box. So they are just hanging down.
I am working only with first-person character and third person's objects are not visible. The animation I am uisng 22 which is for melee weapon.

1664283113569.png

Here we can see first person's arms shadow is visible. I am not intrested and woring with 3rd person at the moment but will go for it later.

1664288643037.png

The arms that are attached to the body are third person arms. These arms are animated through the humanoid animator. The arms attached to the body should cast shadows, and should always be animated, also when not visible.
If you are using separate first person arms (not attached to the body, but are attached to the camera), then these arms should not cast shadows. These arms should be on the Overlay layer.

The arms that are attached to the body are third person arms. These arms are animated through the humanoid animator. The arms attached to the body should cast shadows, and should always be animated, also when not visible.
If you are using separate first person arms (not attached to the body, but are attached to the camera), then these arms should not cast shadows. These arms should be on the Overlay layer.
I added first-person's objects under the Overlay layer but I still have this issue if I switch off this object then there is no shadow. please look images as a reference. Thanks

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 2
Have you removed the Overlay layer from the culling mask of your first person view type? When you are in play mode, the main camera's culling mask should not include the Overlay layer.

Have you removed the Overlay layer from the culling mask of your first person view type? When you are in play mode, the main camera's culling mask should not include the Overlay layer.
Yes, It's removed, from 1st person view type and the main camera too.
The ""FirstPersonArmsPovt" object which is instantiating at runtime have "default" layer type. it's making issues, how I can change its layer type?

Last edited:
I set the item position for 3rd person but in first person view, shadow is very bad, any guide line for it?

1664395151477.png

Either your first person item casts a shadow (which it should not do), or your third person item is not positioned correctly. You should check this in the scene view.

Either your first person item casts a shadow (which it should not do), or your third person item is not positioned correctly. You should check this in the scene view.
That was my question! The third person casts the shadow and I set the position of the item for a third person, but when I am in first-person play mode the shadow is awful and unrealistic. The below-selected object is the item of the 3rd person which causes a lousy shadow. How to fix it?
Why are different positions for both person's items, while I fixed box positions for both persons? you can see from SS

1st Person View 3rd Person View
1664440657821.png 1664440670752.png 1664441040575.png

The right image shows the problem. Your 3rd person animation does not fit the item. The character does not hold the box, and this causes the weird shadow. If you us the 1st person view with full-body awareness, then you need two full sets of animations, even you are only using 1st person view. If you would use 1st person items to cast shadows, then your shadows would show arms/items detached from the body, which would look even weirder.

I changed 1st person layers to "Overlay" and all 1st person objects have this layer except "1st_Person_Arms_Pivot" has "Default" layer. This object is createing at runtime. I changed this manually at runtime but still facing shadow problem. How to fix it? Thank you so much for your support and help.

1664830987413.png 1664831037681.png