Any word on an official Mirror integration?

JohnThicc

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm wondering if Opsive plans to create a Mirror integration for UCC/FPC. I have very minimal experience with networking so I'd rather hold out on making my own if an official integration is in the works.

I was also looking at Photon Bolt which meets my needs, does the PUN addon for UCC work with Photon Bolt, if not would it be possible to modify it to work?

There are currently no plans. Now that version 2.3 of the character controller is out my main focus is on Behavior Designer 2.

I was also looking at Photon Bolt which meets my needs, does the PUN addon for UCC work with Photon Bolt, if not would it be possible to modify it to work?
You can definitely take the PUN add-on as a base and then use that as a structure for Bolt, but the APIs are completely different.

There are currently no plans. Now that version 2.3 of the character controller is out my main focus is on Behavior Designer 2.

You can definitely take the PUN add-on as a base and then use that as a structure for Bolt, but the APIs are completely different.
Hmmm I might try to incorporate Mirror somehow. Could the PUN addon serve as a base for Mirror or would it just be a waste of money for my use case?

Last edited:
I've mostly integrated Photon Bolt, mainly so I can use a server authoritative approach. I've got basic movement and abilities working, so it's definitely possible.

I've mostly integrated Photon Bolt, mainly so I can use a server authoritative approach. I've got basic movement and abilities working, so it's definitely possible.
Thanks for responding. I know Photon Bolt is advertised as being good enough for a 50 player Battle Royale out of the box, do you agree with that or does it take extra work?

Bolt has a bunch of things to compress the data you are sending over the network. I'd expect the biggest bottleneck to be the server hardware if you're doing server authority, but I'm not at the point of performance testing so I don't know for sure.